Computer build re-done, What ya think?

Not necessarily. You can set the memory divider in the BIOS to run the memory at it's intended speed. You could even underclock it slightly to be able to run tighter timings to increase the memory's performance.

Why would the memory have to run at the same speed as the CPU? That's why they put in the divider so that you can run the memory at or near it's intended speeds while pushing the CPU to it's limits.

1:1 ratio is the lowest you can do, so if you have a 450 FSB speed, the memory has to be capable of running at 900MHz.

It's better quality modules. The modules used are specially selected and tested to run at those speeds. It's like when you see a highly OC'ed GPU, and you think, why can't mine reach those speeds when I have the same card? It's because the GPU used in that factory overclocked card was tested by Nvidia to run at higher than stock before being shipped.

DRAM effective frequency=FSB speed X2 if using a 1:1 ratio. therefore, with a 450 FSB: 900=450 X2. At least on my mobo. I don't have much experience OC'ing on others so I think I seen where you're coming from now. The lowest my P5K can do is 1:1, no 4:5 or anything. What about the P5E the OP is buying?

Back
Top Bottom