Taking apart a 9680C

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
Ok, so i know i have recently posted something about taking out a PIII and finally figured that out, but now im into another problem.
I have an HP pavilion 9680C and im trying to totally take it apart and then put it back together but with some differnt parts just to make it a little better (it only have 128mb of ram).

The thing is now is that i have taken everything out except the dvd rom drive, the HDD and the mobo. The problem is i cant get at these scews that are holding the HDD and the dvd drive in place because they are on the side of the case that doesn't open.
x-blade-inside-1.jpg

as you can see there that is not my case but behind the spot where you mount the drives i think there is another screw holding it in and i have no idea how to get to it.

You need to find a way to remove the other side panel. It should come off in pretty much the same manner as the side you already removed.

You need to find a way to remove the other side panel. It should come off in pretty much the same manner as the side you already removed.

I have removed that and it looks like this:
032308_19252.jpg

And when you see through those little holes none of them are close enough to where the screw is.

Is there a way to remove the drive cage holding the hard drive? You could try to carefully remove the front panel to see if there are any screws securing the cage to the case.

Is there a way to remove the drive cage holding the hard drive? You could try to carefully remove the front panel to see if there are any screws securing the cage to the case.

Yeah there are but i think some of those screws that attach the whole entire cage are on that side that i cant get at as well

ok IDK why but HP comps are always exdtremly difficult to dismantle, I ended up breaking every faceplate holder because I got so frustrated with it, there may be little pins, its very hard to expain,

eres what you do, look at the top of the case, you will notice a lever pull it back as far as you can, the CD HDD and all other parts will slide right out in one big piece of metal, try it out and post back.

ok IDK why but HP comps are always exdtremly difficult to dismantle, I ended up breaking every faceplate holder because I got so frustrated with it, there may be little pins, its very hard to expain,

eres what you do, look at the top of the case, you will notice a lever pull it back as far as you can, the CD HDD and all other parts will slide right out in one big piece of metal, try it out and post back.

All i can find is this little spring loaded thing i can pull back about 1/2 and inch but it doesnt seem to do anything at all

now pull that all the way back grab the cd drive in the front and pull it out(the way a cd drive opens)

no the screw on the other side holds the hdd to that piece, its on a set of rails and should slide out try different ways it will eventually slide out.

Back
Top Bottom