More Vista Sp1 News

You have a bad driver install, updating all drivers will fix that.

Why is it finding all the other updates then? It has found and installed tons of them already but its not picking up SP1...............

That would suggest its not the drivers, correct?

Why is it finding all the other updates then? It has found and installed tons of them already but its not picking up SP1...............

That would suggest its not the drivers, correct?

No. Vista is smart. There is a conflict with the way some drivers were originally installed that can mess up SP1. Vista assess your system's drivers before allowing SP1 to appear in windows update. If the drivers are all in properly (according to it's system) then it will pick up, if not, you will not see it.

No. Vista is smart. There is a conflict with the way some drivers were originally installed that can mess up SP1. Vista assess your system's drivers before allowing SP1 to appear in windows update. If the drivers are all in properly (according to it's system) then it will pick up, if not, you will not see it.

Makes me wonder, all of my drivers are up to date and it still didn't show in updates.

I installed the stand alone and it works perfectly.

Hi all, long time no, ern, post.

Anyway, thought I'd pop in and give you my 2p

In short, to the folk who have Quad Cores with 800Mhz 4GBRAM etc etc, you might not notice the difference as much as us mear mortals.

From my experience (I installed a few days ago) the machine is much much punchier. IE loads up instantly, network and local file tranfers much more smoother and speedier and a far quicker bootup. I suppose it differs from machine to machine, and also the updates you've installed before.

I've only tried it on one other machine, and he noticed the same rapid launching of IE. His is 32bit Vista Home Premium, mine the 64bit version.

Other than that, I've not managed to spend too much time playing with it as I've been trying to get a linux server on the go.

Bear in mind also, that a lot of you won't be using IE etc so you probably won't recognise the improvements that I have.

Other than that, it makes my belly all nice and warm knowing (or perceiving) that I've a nice to shiny service pack on my rig to fill in all the holes and cracks in vista.

Chow for now!

Back
Top Bottom