Mac Laptop

The Air is a macbook I believe, just a newer, simpler, expensive (for some reason) version.

I'd rather get a Windows machine any day, that'll run everyday programs I use.
Why, switch to a Mac simply because it may or may not "look" better?...which is why she does want one, the "same" as her friends.

Sorry if this agrivates anyone, but everyone knows that I think Apple products are a fashion accessory, which everyone seems to think is worthy over anything else...

Okay I have a ??

I have a Toshiba-Tecra--3 yrs old

The curser for the mouse...well it drifts? Usually upwards and hovers around the top for awhile and sometimes drops to the bottom not to be seen again for some time! You can watch it mindlessly drifting up or down..and nothing makes it get back on track..just have to wait it out..then after while-it's ok??

I only use the little square plate at the bottom to move the curser..no seperate Mouse.

Any ideas?

Karan L, you should be able to buy a seperate USB mouse, and plug that in, and disable the one onboard rather easily.

She will use her Laptop for school...University.
The one she is using now..it works..but has had some major crashes in the past few weeks. She is coming up to finals..and tho she has a desktop, well she uses this much more.

My hubby said they same thing...use another Mouse. Only thing is not as handy when I am sitting on the sofa--as I am now! LOL..need something to run the mouse on!

Thanks for the suggestions..;)

You could get a trackball mouse, that works rather like a touch pad mouse, but its a ball instead. Worth thinking about :)

You could try re-installing the touch pad software though if you have it anyhere, as it may not be a fault with the hardware if it suddenly just starts working.

As for her. With a university course, I'd most rather get a Windows based laptop that could handle all the programs she will be using. I doubt a Mac based laptop would cut it.

However, since Mac's use Intel CPU's now, it would be possible (since standard laptops are cheaper than Mac's) to run Windows on a Mac and Mac on a standard Laptop. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
If so, and looks are really that important to her, Windows should be installable if she needed it, by having 2 partitions, seperating the two Operating Systems.

There is also something called Virtual PC, which she could use to run Windows on too I believe.

Back
Top Bottom