Car Thread!

Pfft, the Caterham 7 would eat them all for breakfast.

I agree. The Caterham Super 7 is one of my favorite cars. It's like the Ariel Atom but with a more conservative look. :)

You obviously must be sarcastic.

Doubt it.

You should see the Caterham RST-V8 Levante. 550 hp from a 2.4L V8 going at 10,000 RPMs in a car that weighs just about 1,150 pounds. One of the only cars to crack the 1000hp per tonne mark. That's about twice the power to weight ratio of the Bugatti Veyron.

260208cat_450-op.jpg

The new Ariel Atom 500 V8 is similar to the Levante as well. 2.4L 5-valve Supercharged V8 producing well over 200 hp per liter (do the math...) in a chassis that weighs about the same as the Levante. Like the Caterham it also cracks the 1000 hp per tonne mark. Yeah...damned fast I'll say.

atom-500.jpg

Yet you thought small and light cars couldn't be fast and handle well...shame on you. Obviously you've never heard of Colin Chapman. :) If it wasn't for him and the Lotus Seven, there would be no Caterham. Hell if it wasn't for Colin Chapman there would be no Lotus.

Ariel Atom & Caterham Seven > Viper & Corvette. 'Nuff said.

EDIT>>> Don't forget that these cars are tuned almost like F1 cars, so not only will they eat almost anything for breakfast off the line, but it'll go around corners as well.

You obviously must be sarcastic.
Power to weight ratio! Anyone who thinks they're a bit of a driver should have a go in one. They're astounding! ever ridden in one?? And it's basically the same car as it was 40 years. ago.
And I agree with Alvino as well, the Atom is crazy! Apart from the BMW M-cars, me and you think alike.

alvino, you seen the top gear thing on the atom? that car is crazy... that new one looks even better too, lol, ive decided that if i ever have enough money im getting an atom just to play around in.. awesome cars.. id choose the atom over the rx-8, or even an M car every day.. lol.. any car which can destroy your face is cool..

Superman I was looking at the new Ford Ranger it is pretty nice. A good truck for my first car. Here are the cars I have a chance at getting for my first car.
08RANG_FX4PFrnt.jpg

Ford Ranger might be doing some work needing that kind of car. And its only 14,000 right now!
Ford500_426x250.jpg

Ford 500 because my dad has that car and might give it to me.

you seen the top gear thing on the atom? that car is crazy... that new one looks even better too, lol, ive decided that if i ever have enough money im getting an atom just to play around in.. awesome cars.. id choose the atom over the rx-8, or even an M car every day.. lol.. any car which can destroy your face is cool..

I used to love Top Gear, but now I can't bear to watch it. I think it's gotten completely stupid, and Jeremy Clarkson is a prat.

Superman I was looking at the new Ford Ranger it is pretty nice. A good truck for my first car. Here are the cars I have a chance at getting for my first car.
08RANG_FX4PFrnt.jpg

Ford Ranger might be doing some work needing that kind of car. And its only 14,000 right now!
Ford500_426x250.jpg

Ford 500 because my dad has that car and might give it to me.
Go with the ranger. Lots of power, and hardly any weight. Just get the 4.0L, stay away from the 3.0. Or as most people at RPS say, 3.slow. The 2.3 is a good motor too, and good on gas. And, if you get a truck, make sure you either get a 4x4, or one with the trac lok, or the torsen lok. It makes a helluva a difference... I know my open diff sucks in the snow... But a nice explorer axle will fix that.

I will if I could afford it. I probably can if its the same price. $14,00 isn't that bad and I know the insurance wouldnt be high either. Besides I dont want my dads car lol.

Dark Night, you need to stop defending the rx8. yes i absolutely love the car, but i can recognize the flaws with it. and admit to them.

Back
Top Bottom