Taking out a P3 Please help

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
032308_13201.jpg

How can i take out that pentium 3, if possible?

I am basically taking apart this computer totally and i'm in a stand still because there is nothing else i can take out until that come out.

remove it from the slot, on the back there should be some clamps, uses a small screwdriver and then pop that off
(heatsink) thebn just use the lever next to it to pry it of.

if you can't find the clamps, you need to remove the plastic back off of it.

-ace777

It should just pull straight up and out. There may be tabs on either side that need to be released or pulled outwards slightly to release the CPU.

It should just pull straight up and out. There may be tabs on either side that need to be released or pulled outwards slightly to release the CPU.

It seems that the heat sink it attached to the CPU by pins going through it. And it seems that the Heatsink it permidently latched in by a piece of metal.

thats what we said, take a pic and post it, but there should be some pins on the back that will pop right off.

Ok thanks you guys were right i had to use a screw driver to pry these plastic things on either side outwards inorder to pop the whole thing out.

The heatsink is stall attached to it but thats ok.

Thanks for the help.

Man its just hard to unplug some of the wires that are in there, i just cant get the cpu fan plug out.

Back
Top Bottom