Car Thread!

Ranger a weaker vehicle... It can use the same engines as all those other trucks... You can stick a cummins in a ranger, lol.

I see what you are saying about those small tires on the big dually diesels, but I think it's because, most driving with those is highway, so big tires will only lessen gas mileage. And higher in the air makes more drag.

I said the Ranger is weaker compared to the F250, F350, F450. It might just be as good as the F150 but the F150 can carry more load and do more things.

As for the RX-8 I never said it could beat every car. STOCK the Corvette will win. But if you put a three Rotar in it its gone.

I said the Ranger is weaker compared to the F250, F350, F450. It might just be as good as the F150 but the F150 can carry more load and do more things.

As for the RX-8 I never said it could beat every car. STOCK the Corvette will win. But if you put a three Rotar in it its gone.
No... I looked up that 3 rotor thingy. It's like 300hp I think, if I remember correctly. And the corvette has like double that, plus its a really light weight car.
But it's a completely unfair comparison... They are way different class cars.

Idk, in the case of the viper then yes, but I think with the vette it might be able to beat it in both... Cause the RX-8 can corner pretty well, but the ZR1 is 50-50 weight distributed, so I think with it's extra 300 or so HP, it could beat it in circuit as well. They are both front engine mounted so the RX-8 cant be that much better.

I saw the RX-8 at the auto show this year, and they had the hood open showing the rotor engine, but there was this big piece of duct tape in it for something, lol. When I came back later, the hood was down, lol. Duct tape really takes away from the greatness.

Do they still make the RX-7? And is it any good?

I just looked in my car guide magazine, which has all the specs for all cars made in 2008. So it doesnt have the ZR1, but I know that was made off the 6.2L engine, not the 7.0L, so I took the weight of that, which is about 3,100 pounds, and the RX-8 is about 3,000 pounds, with the 1.3L rotory engine at about 242hp. While the vette has 625, but like I said unfair comparison...

And comparing the mustang to the RX-8 is also kind of unfair, as mazda is basically owned by ford... 33% at least, so why should Ford make there mustang compete against there partially owned RX-8, lol. They have a car in the tuner class, and a car in the muscle class. And the Gt, the first american super car.

Back
Top Bottom