Recycle Bin

mcjagger1

Solid State Member
I am so pissed off. I check my recycle bin and how much is in it and it says 18 items, around 1.3 gigs of space.

Then, I try to right click or go into it and hit "Empty recycle bin"
There are no visible files in the recycle bin either. Everything is white

Error: cannot delete file:

Yes. there is no file name after it, and there's 18 files in my recycle bin that are invisible to me. What the f*** someone help me please!

Try this:
Right-click the recycle bin.
Click 'Properties'.
Make sure 'Use one setting for all drives:' is selected.
Check the box 'Do not move files to the Recycle Bin'.
Click 'OK'.
That will completely disable the recycle bin.
Reboot, then re-enable the recycle bin.

Damnit. I did as you said, but it still has 18 items in it. :(

And I tried to restore all the items as well. It seems that the items in it are invisible but still take up 2 gigs (yeah I used disk cleanup to check how much is in it).

Edit: And yes, I'm not stupid. The disk cleanup says 2 gigs in the recycle bin, so I checkmark and hit OK. It completely skips over the recycle bin when it does the cleanup despite the 2 gigs inside. WTF!

Doesn't the standard disk-cleaning utility in windows empty the recycle bin?

Edit: And yes, I'm not stupid. The disk cleanup says 2 gigs in the recycle bin, so I checkmark and hit OK. It completely skips over the recycle bin when it does the cleanup despite the 2 gigs inside. WTF!
It doesn't look like it celegorm.

Mk.. so I installed it and ran it, and it hit Run Cleaner. It said that the stuff in the recycle bin was deleted, but I go to My Computer and all that and it is still the same amount of free space.

Back
Top Bottom