Which network adapter?

mdtajghori

In Runtime
Hi guys, i,ve had a very bad experience with D-Link DWL G510 wireless adapter, it keeps disconnecting and the drivers are outdated. Can you suggest a good adapter for me, thanks.

(I had made a similar thread in the networking subforum but didn't get any replies, so i posted it again, sorry for the repeat)

I,ve got a desktop and I need a pci wireless adapter. Suggest something that you have tried and found it to be good. I,ve had no experience with usb cards but i am willing to try it if it offers the same service, or better than a pci card.
Thanks for your help.;)

I've just noticed that my landlord has a netgear DG834GT 108 router. I want to know if it's a good idea to get a netgear pci/usb card so that the same company stuff when comined together gives me a max performance?

It really doesn't matter what brand the compnenets are as long as they run on the same protocols such as wireless B/G, WPA, etc.

Do you have permission to use your landlord's signal or are you leeching it from him?

It really doesn't matter what brand the compnenets are as long as they run on the same protocols such as wireless B/G, WPA, etc.

Do you have permission to use your landlord's signal or are you leeching it from him?

Thanks for the reply, and I am not leeching it from him :cool: (I am paying $15 a month :p )

$15 a month isn't too bad.

I have used the Linksys adapters and a Netgear adapter and they haven't given me any trouble. From my experience, it seems best to just install the drivers for the card and then let OS manage the wireless connection. It seems the software that comes with the cards can be a bit problematic when trying to negotiate a connection.

Back
Top Bottom