Car Thread!

What I am suggesting for people who love their cars is to stop trying to justify why you are driving it. You don't need to prove or explain to other people why they are good. Just as long as you're happy with what you are driving you are a big step above a lot of people. So could we please stop talking about how good the RX-8 is or how good a Ford Focus is. It's getting old.

I'm pretty sure there is an online community of people who do that. You should join.

If its getting old, don't read the forums........... I am and always will justify a point(cars or not) when someone is misinformed. Sorry if you don't like it, but the last time I checked this was the car thread. So we'll continue to talk about cars.

OK, so since you're full of answers, answer this. Does driving an RX-8 make you retarded? Because you definitely didn't understand a word I said and I'm pretty sure it's not because I stated it in bad English. If I was trying to request for people to stop talking about cars I would have put it more like this: "Stop talking about cars".

I am and always will justify a point(cars or not) when someone is misinformed.

And you think you're informed about everything? Cut the pretentious bullshit.

OK, so since you're full of answers, answer this. Does driving an RX-8 make you retarded? Because you definitely didn't understand a word I said and I'm pretty sure it's not because I stated it in bad English. If I was trying to request for people to stop talking about cars I would have put it more like this: "Stop talking about cars".

And you think you're informed about everything? Cut the pretentious bullshit.

And who are you to tell everyone to stop talking about certain cars? Your ignorance has gotten out of control, and you need to put yourself in check. Everyone here was having a decent conversation until your ignorant comment had to show up in this thread.

And who are you to tell everyone to stop talking about certain cars? Your ignorance has gotten out of control, and you need to put yourself in check. Everyone here was having a decent conversation until your ignorant comment had to show up in this thread.

oh yes because what i said ruined everything...

dont look that crappy...

ford_focus_st_15_02_05.jpg

Ford-Focus-ST-2.jpg

2008-ford-focus-st-2.jpg

the focus isnt a bad car.. my dad has one, and it is very nice.. i do like the rx-8 too, both very nice cars, and totally pointless arguing over it..

Looks nice, kinda looks like teh new STI.

The Ford Focus RS is a great car. It's one of Top Gear's favorite cars along with the Mondeo. Don't think that because it's a Focus that it's immediately crap. The RS is AWD and the straight four engine is pretty tune-able.

lol, we have a lot of rx-8 fanboys here. Yeah, if you are going to spend $20000 trying to mod a focus... it still looks pretty crappy, lol. Even if it performs, but for that price, just get something that can perform stock.

Or mod something that might look good in the end...
Like a ranger. I've heard lower light trucks like rangers, can perform pretty well, with a turbo 4.0 or v8, they can corner pretty well, and are really light, and stand out too.

How are we fanboys? There is a difference between a fanboy and an enthusiast. A fanboy is one who will defend something despite clear knowledge of it's flaws and weaknesses. An enthusiast knows the flaws and will recognize that there are things that are better but still love that something because it is something they have passion and love for.

Take me for example: I love BMW and I absolutely love my 1992 325i despite the fact its 15 years old and can be beaten off the line by a Toyota Camry. Yet, I'll still modify the car and whatnot despite the fact that I know it's not the greatest car in the world. I know it's strengths and weaknesses and thats what makes me a BMW enthusiast.

^^^ Same difference to me pretty much, but yeah, one or the other, lol. Either RX-8 fanboys or enthusiasts here, both I would say...

What was the ignorant comment made by D88?

D88 said:
What I am suggesting for people who love their cars is to stop trying to justify why you are driving it. You don't need to prove or explain to other people why they are good. Just as long as you're happy with what you are driving you are a big step above a lot of people. So could we please stop talking about how good the RX-8 is or how good a Ford Focus is. It's getting old.

I'm pretty sure there is an online community of people who do that. You should join.

im driving the leon because its a cheaper version of the golf or the audi A3, cant see the point of paying out more money for a badge.. same chassis and engines, lol..

plus i dont think the leon looks too bad either:

leon_s_01_hr.jpg

car_photo_8146_7.jpg

media

personally i actually prefer this over the golf, though probably not the A3... haha, so the reason why im driving it is cause its cheap.. lol..

Back
Top Bottom