Clicking noise when a website loads

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
for about the last week or so, everytime i open a page on newegg i hear 3-4 clicks as the page loads. if i look in the lower left corner of my browser (ie7) i see "res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm" flash by quickly before i see the regular address appear. anyone else getting this clicking? it only happens on the newegg site, and only started happening about a week or so ago. anyone know what that about error that flashes by in the lower address bar means?

use Firefox or Opera or something similar.

Don't use that memory leak excuse, Firefox 3 eliminates that.

I wasn't looking for an alternate browser, I would like to find a solution to this problem. I have tried firefox, and I prefer IE7. In fact, I think IE7 is great. I love how I can scroll through my favorites with my mouse wheel, and the tabbed browsing comes in handy sometimes. I am not interested in changing browsers.

On my browser i run a pop-up blocker, when some sihts open and a collection of pop-ups come up there will be clicking, but i dont know if this is your problem, worth a try tho... Disable pop-up blocking and re-run.

On my browser i run a pop-up blocker, when some sihts open and a collection of pop-ups come up there will be clicking, but i dont know if this is your problem, worth a try tho... Disable pop-up blocking and re-run.

didn't make any difference. i have the pop up blocking noise off anyways, so i didnt think that was going to be it. doesn't happen on any other sites...must be something on the website coding of newegg that isn't working right with vista and ie7.

It's probably their fault, not yours. I wouldn't worry about it. They should catch it sooner or later.

could some others with vista and ie7 try going to that site and see if it's happening to them also?

could some others with vista and ie7 try going to that site and see if it's happening to them also?

Don't trip out, it happens for me too. I just tried it when I saw your post.

Why would that bother you? Just ignore it; its probably something from their side anyway.

Don't trip out, it happens for me too. I just tried it when I saw your post.

Why would that bother you? Just ignore it; its probably something from their side anyway.

i'm kind of a perfectionist, and little crap like that annoys me. i like to surf around on newegg daily, and don't want to hear click-click-click every time i go to another one of their pages. seems to be holding it up for a second while loading also. glad it's not just me though, so i know it's not something just messed up on my machine. that's good to know that it's happening to someone else also with that site. must be on their end then for sure.

My problem is different I think, but sometimes, you know when you middle click, it opens a link in a new tab, well, when I do that, I hear about 20 clicks rapid fire, and my pop up block adds up like 20 more blocked sites, and then it opens the tab. It only does it when the computer is getting bogged down for some reason though.

Back
Top Bottom