Car Thread!

Holy **** that's expensive!

Focus Turbo kits and superchargers usually go between 3 and 4k, then tuning is maybe about 700 if it's not included, which most are.

But honestly, FI is the way to go for power. If the turbo is set up right you don't lose much fuel economy until you start pushing it to redline. S/Cs on the other hand do lower it a couple mpg across the whole powerband.

yeah rotarys love FI.

I saw this video, turbo was pushing 10psi and once it hit like 7500rpms it started loosing boost. Not enough lol

That is because the focus is a crappy car. If you put a turbo into a car/ supercharger then get a nicer car. The focus sucks, maybe not to you. It is fine to drive to work, but if you like racing and your driving a focus your an idiot, no offense.

Good one.

The Focus will keep up with an RX-8 in corners if set up properly and has a good low end jump due to a nice torque curve. It's also 400 lbs lighter. I know a guy who ran almost 330 whp at 19 psi on stock SVT engine internals and it was street driven often.

Did I mention it just won the WRC this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOE2-cIULp4

Show me your favorite sports car doing that. The Focus chassis is one of the best in the world, sorry.

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW. I am being nice by not lowering your rep because I dont want you to do it to me. But the Focus cant keep up with the RX-8. You max out your Focus. I put a 4 rotary in the RX-8 and a turbo. BYE BYE Focus.

You can engine swap anything. 350 wtq (stock) V8 RWD in a Focus. Bye bye Lamborghini Gallardo. That's without a blower.

That's still irrelevant. I'll go all day. The Focus isn't the end-all be-all car for sure, but you seriously, seriously underestimate the beast inside the econo-box shell. The C170 and C1 chassis are incredible platforms. You can go ahead and lower my rep if you can't see past that, it will prove to me that you are unaware that you can make anything fast by turning it into a race car. I know people with Hondas that will blow the doors off Corvettes. All it takes is money and a good driver.

Back
Top Bottom