Laptop Video Card

morris14cc

Beta member
Can anyone help me with changing a laptop video card?
i am trying to change a DEDICATED ATI Radeon HD card in my laptop to a better card (possibly NVIDIA) i know the card can be changed, but i don't know how
Also, where can i get laptop cards? and can i change an ATI Radeon 2600 to a NVIDIA model or only ATI?

Will i be able to play CRYSIS?
1.66ghz core 2 duo
3gb RAM (exp. to 4gb)
512MB dedicated ATI

and how much better would a dedicated 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS card work with CRYSIS?
Thanks

like he said, they cannot be changed...they are not removable, the gpu is integrated into the motherboard

I don't think you can, unfortunately. I think it IS possible to run Crysis, at low settings, at maybe 10-20fps. Although your C2D's clock speed is rather low, I think the fact that it has two cores makes up for it as Crysis should take advantage of both.

There one with the motherboard, you can't change the video card in a laptop.

well there are very few laptops that are capable of changing the video card i don't think you can with this one man.......

well there are very few laptops that are capable of changing the video card i don't think you can with this one man.......

you might be right but i think there is a good chance it can be changed because it is an $1500 ASUS

What's the modle of your lappy? I doubt it'll be possible, but if yours was an Asus, there is a decent chance we can change it.

Back
Top Bottom