Could I do this...

Verbatim47

In Runtime
Ok, just look at the computer in my signature. Now would it be a good idea to get a 9800gx2 for it? I do not want to buy all new parts right now because I have been informed that Nehalem processors will change the industry later this year. I do not want to spend 2500$ on a huge upgrade and then have to experience such a blowback on new hardware.

I have had my comp. in my sig for about 2-1/2 years. Just wondering what would be a good upgrade for me, video card wise and any other things without breaking the bank for already outdated hardware.

Thnx..:D

If you could OC your 3800+ X2 a bit then I don't think it would create much of a bottleneck. Personnally I think you should spend the money on bringing your system more up to date and making it more upgradable as you already have 2x7800GT. My recommended upgrades would be an AM2+ mobo, DDR2 memory, and a new CPU (perhaps a B3 Phenom?). You could definitely get that and more for the $600 that the 9800GX2 would cost.
And BTW, if Nehalem is going to change the industry, then it's already been done. AMD have been using Hypertransport in place of the FSB and an integrated memory controller for years.

Back
Top Bottom