Macbook Air..$3000.....are you kidding me???

It is a waste of money. It is buns. I could build a better one on tigerdirect or newegg for 1/3 of the price.

I looked it up on the apple store just now, they have a $1799 version of the macbook which I knew about, with a 13 inch screen, a 1.6ghz processor and an 80gb 4200rpm hard drive and all that......That price is ridiculous as it is.

But what I didn't know is that they have an "upgraded" version, still with a 13 inch screen, a 1.8ghz processor, a 64gb solid state drive, and you still have to buy an optical drive for it at $99.........The price for all this.....

$3197!!!! with the optional optical drive! And you have to buy an ethernet adapter ($29) and a modem adapter ($49!) if you want to connect to those.

And the pc itself only has 1 usb port, so you can only use one of those optional extras at a time........

Are you kidding me.....how have they even sold any of these things???

I would love for someone to explain to me how this thing is worth over 3 grand.

For starters, these compact parts are more expensive to build, this took alot of R&D. Combined with a low customer base, you get these prices.

It is a waste of money. It is buns. I could build a better one on tigerdirect or newegg for 1/3 of the price.

We're talking laptops here... Not much you can do to build one... You can buy an equivalent or better spec'ed PC laptop for about 1/3 of the cost though. I would never buy a new Apple product just because of the expense. Apple prodcuts don't go obsolete quite so fast however. My iBook is older technology and it still runs good except for a few lags from time to time I think because of the slower hard drive. But it can run OSX Tiger fine, not sure about Leopard.

Well there are better LAPTOPS for sale on the market. For $3000 I would rather build a mega pc, server, 5 monitors, and a saround system for it. Now dell and alien ware have better deals and prices for better laptops. Why not go for them? The mac book air doesn't even have a cd drive. So it is basically for a business person not a teenager.

I like Apple's products, however I don't like their prices. This is the reason I bought a used iBook instead of getting a new Macbook at double the price. Their stuff isn't as bad as many people seem to make it out to be, it's just a lot of people refuse the buy the stuff because of the price and then bad talk their products based specifically on their price...

For starters, these compact parts are more expensive to build, this took alot of R&D. Combined with a low customer base, you get these prices.
Blah...blah....blah....

The point is that it's too expensive for what you get. It isn't even as fast as comparable regular macbooks.

Go look at SSD HD prices on newegg, that hard drive is worth $1250 to $1750

It also can't be as fast as a regular macbook. In the macbook air they have to use Ultra low voltage processors to be able to use a smaller battery, and less cooling.

The price is way up because Mac runs different settings, where as vista recommends/needs at least so much MB to run it where as apple needs less.

Maybe that?

Or maybe because MAC is for mostly designers/teachers use

another apple rip off...
my brothers apple laptop charger broke the cost to get a new one was AU$120 ...$120 just for that cable and converter.

my Toshiba one broke . to get a new one cost me $15

Back
Top Bottom