Security Question

You should disable Defender while running Comodo. I'm sure if you look through the options or preferences, you can change the way Comodo alerts you.

That is correct, you can disable the defender part and you can configure the firewall to several settings as well, I set it for learning so you get a pop up asking for permission on access for a while then it stops doing it and settles down.

Avast! Anti-virus is a good program. I use AVG on my PC and Avast! on another.

I tried Avast for awhile, but the thing that bugs me is that you can get the free version, but you still need a key to use it... Yeah, they supply you with a key, but I just like free software that you can just use... To make annoyances worse, they make the key good for only 18 months I think it was. Then you gotta go get another free key to use the free software. Makes a lot of sense.

Nothing that is free haha. Nonfree, go with NOD32 as it's the most effective anti-virus, and includes anti-spyware definitions now (I haven't tested these however). Webroot anti-spyware is also a great anti-spyware program.

AVG is one of the best free ones out there, you can use itand it has a decent detecction rate, unless you plan on getting a virus , AVG will more than suffice.:D

Back
Top Bottom