Stupid date changing virus!

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
I have this virus (at least i think it is) that changes my year to 2005. A lot of people told me that my bios battery is dying, but now i know thats not the reason because the time always turns to 2005, but my times and date are always correct. This bothers me a lot because I can't sign on to AIM and whenever i go to a website it asks me for certification, which is very annoying, so if anyone knows any information regarding this virus/bug, please post it here. ty

I would suggest replacing the CMOS battery. They are cheap and you can get them anywhere they sell watch batteries such as hardware stores or drug stores.

I would suggest replacing the CMOS battery. They are cheap and you can get them anywhere they sell watch batteries such as hardware stores or drug stores.

I agree, if you haven't already, time & date errors are usually the first sign of a CMOS battery failing however there was a time and date virus that effected Norton updates a while back so if it isn't the battery then try scanning your HDD.

Back
Top Bottom