vista key in use? WTF

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just finished installing service pack 1 and now it tells me to reactivate. The activation process starts but as it reaches the end it just comes back with the key is already in use. I'm going to try the automated phone activation, or do you think it will have the same result? any other suggestions to sort this out also appreciated

Has the Service pack 1 actually been released? If it has officially I would suggest you call Microsoft and speak to someone, or actually I think ntha tthe phone activation if it doesn't work they will transfer you through to someone.

Good luck, Give me a PM if you need a hand with anything.

yes it appeared on my windows update last night only 87 mb. I just did the phone activation and explained my issue to a guy who barely knew any english but that only took 15 min out of my life. first I tried the normal activation which failed then automated which failed then it redirected me to some other thing which put me on hold for about 3 min then I got to the guy that i explained my issue to.

I highly recommend getting this sp it greatly improved the speed and reliability of vista for me

not exactly a new key, i gave them some numbers and they gave me some new numbers but not a key. So if I ever have to reformat i will be going through that experience again

edit: i think it was the installation id i gave them

I might be wrong but here but don't you only get so a couple of free calls to MS for you get charged for there help?

I don't know exactly but a few friends of mine have activated xp via phone about 5-6 times without being charged but that was quite a while ago

Back
Top Bottom