CPU temps?

Sounds like a crook thermal sensor as it doesn't seem to matter which software you use, being an X2 Black it is still fairly new, got any warranty left??

Have you considered contacting AMD to see what they think?

Be sure to let us know what they say in reply, I'm intrigued to see what they think is the cause.

Cheers.

Sounds like a crook thermal sensor as it doesn't seem to matter which software you use, being an X2 Black it is still fairly new, got any warranty left??

Have you considered contacting AMD to see what they think?

Could be an issue with your motherboard as well...

Also Black Edition CPU's dont come with heatsinks, are you sure you hooked up your aftermarket heatsink correctly and that it is not defective ?

Could be an issue with your motherboard as well...

Also Black Edition CPU's dont come with heatsinks, are you sure you hooked up your aftermarket heatsink correctly and that it is not defective ?

shouldn't an improperly installed heatsink and fan make the temps higher, not lower...?

that being said, when I improperly installed mine (stock Intel HS and fan) during the installation of my E6600, the temps started at 80c and the processor shut down a few seconds later at 90c...

I then remembered that when I cleaned off the old AS-5, if I wiped one way on the bottom of the heatsink (up and down) it smeared, and if I wiped the other direction (side to side) it came off, so I figured there were small grooves or something on the bottom of the heatsink, I rotated the heatsink and fan 90 degrees and voila, I turned it on and it was at 40c and started dropping...

I never knew that the way the heatsink and fan were oriented could affect the temps like that...

shouldn't an improperly installed heatsink and fan make the temps higher, not lower...?

that being said, when I improperly installed mine (stock Intel HS and fan) during the installation of my E6600, the temps started at 80c and the processor shut down a few seconds later at 90c...

I then remembered that when I cleaned off the old AS-5, if I wiped one way on the bottom of the heatsink (up and down) it smeared, and if I wiped the other direction (side to side) it came off, so I figured there were small grooves or something on the bottom of the heatsink, I rotated the heatsink and fan 90 degrees and voila, I turned it on and it was at 40c and started dropping...

I never knew that the way the heatsink and fan were oriented could affect the temps like that...

Your right in most cases it would, but if you have it plugged incorrectly into the board, it may be reading off, i have seen fluke things like that

Your right in most cases it would, but if you have it plugged incorrectly into the board, it may be reading off, i have seen fluke things like that

yeah, flukes and computers go hand in hand more often than most would think...

Back
Top Bottom