To those with Vista

nope dont use it myself but ive only got a celeron with 1Gb ram in my laptop so i need all the speed i can get

I turned it off within a day or so. My laptop isn't the greatest so I don't want anything unnecessary using resources.

Well, I find it handy to have the battery monitor for my laptop, and I look at the clock a lot too. It is a bit of a resource hog, but I like it, for now anyway. (I've only been using vista for about 2 months)

It's sad. I have 2 gigs of RAM, and idle my machine uses 25% of it, usually 30 to 35% with Firefox, and maybe only 90% with even the most intensive games, yet I feel like I never have enough.

My computer idles at 1%-3% with firefox open , not sure what its like in games thoe

I don't use it. It eats up too much of my RAM.

Occasionally, when I am bored, I'll pop it open and use a CPU meter for dual core CPU, a RAM usage monitor, a local weather app. I forget what else.

It's sad. I have 2 gigs of RAM, and idle my machine uses 25% of it, usually 30 to 35% with Firefox, and maybe only 90% with even the most intensive games, yet I feel like I never have enough.

Don't judge vista by it's memory utilization. XP uses the bare minimum amount of ram necessary to do something, whereas Vista tries to use all of the system memory in an effort to speed up day to day operations (Much like linux)

I place the sidebar on my second monitor. I tend to look at it every now and again to check my temps and internet usage. Apps I run are the clock, everest ultimate, notepad and DU meter. I generally have between 2.6-2.8GB of free memory with just basic apps like firefox and my anti virus running. I've seen it dip to under 1.3GB when doing graphic editing or heavy gaming.

I highly recommend anyone that uses this to check out everest ultimate. I'm sure most of you use it but some probably don't know it has a sidebar utility integrated into the preferences menu.

So useful for displaying virtually anything you want to know about your PC.

Back
Top Bottom