Time for a little story.

Thelis

Golden Master
This is a story about what happened to me at a party this Saturday.

As usual, I pregamed with a couple of friends, and yes, there were girls there. For the simplicity of the story we will call the friends TheColumbia, CoatMan and Swimmer. I catch a cab from my place, and pick up all of my friends from their respective apartments. By then we are all slightly reeling, but being the people that we are, we still have quite a bit on us. Since the party probably will be one of those deals where they don't let you in with uncovered bottles, we decide to finish off in the cab.

TheColumbia cannot drink at all, so after a couple of shots he starts singing something along the lines of "We don't need no LUBRICATION!" CoatMan takes it more seriously and only starts singing after his 5th or 6th shot. Swimmer and I are both half-sober by the time we arrive at the party. When we get there, we get out of the taxi. Unfortunately the taxi driver decided to drop us off right in front of the club, so the first thing that we see are two rather large bouncers at the door. The first thing the two rather large bouncers see are four people who might or might not be old enough to be drinking. They also see the bottles.

Since I am not a complete moron, I turn around and walk to the nearest garbage bin and throw the bottle I was carrying out (it looked kinda like apple juice... I don't know... whatever). So did the Swimmer. Even CoatMan threw his two bottles out. We approach the bouncers and try to act straight. We three flash our school IDs, and slip a twenty to each bouncer and go right in. As we approach the actual entrance to the dance floor we realize something... TheColumbia is not with us. Now, I don't really care, but my friends do and they turn around, I come along just to mess with TheColumbia. As we approach the door, a scene unfolds. TheColumbia is standing between teh two bouncers, a bottle in each hand and he is singing "We don't need no LUBRICATION!". Unfortunately the bouncers had no sense of humor so they just didn't let him in.

Now, at that point I just wanted to get into the party... I had my quota to fill. However, CoatMan left the building and went to fetch TheColumbia. Swimmer looked at me and even though I had a bad feeling, we followed the two. We found TheColumbia just a few feet away from the door, still drinking. I smacked him around a bit and told him to throw out the drinks. Eventually he did, and we tried to get back in. However, this time it was not as easy. I was cool with one of the bouncers (his name is Rick if anyone lives in NYC... you know him). So I still could have gotten in, but no party is the same without Swimmer... I decided to see what will happen. TheColumbia tried talking to the bouncers, but they didn't answer. He tried just walking in, but failed at that.

I tried talking to Rick, and at least got a response: "Get the drunk idiot away from this club and I'll let you and the others in." I found that funny since all four of us fit his description, but I knew he was talking about TheColumbia.

Half an hour later, Rick caved in and let TheColumbia along with the rest of us in. The caving in took a further 100 from the Swimmer and I. All four of us went onto the dance floor, and encountered....

Prepare yourself....

Daft Punk playing.

I am not crappin you, it was Daft Punk. Now, I felt like just turning around and leaving, but I was overcome with a desire to make fun of people, so I did just that.

Great Night. :/

Sounds like an Interesting night, Lol. In my younger years when I had just become a cop, I loved the night life. Any club we went to and had trouble with getting in, I just pulled out the badge and in we went.

I have gotta say, that statement right there put you on the list of the coolest cops ever.

You are at #3, right behind Officer Slater and Officer Michaels, respectively.

No, seriously, I don't think I have ever said this, but I really do respect the life that you chose for yourself. I have nothing but admiration for the fact that you put yourself out onto the streets everyday and keep punks like me safe.

I have gotta say, that statement right there put you on the list of the coolest cops ever.

No, seriously, I don't think I have ever said this, but I really do respect the life that you chose for yourself. I have nothing but admiration for the fact that you put yourself out onto the streets everyday and keep punks like me safe.

Thank You Thelis, Lmao ;)

That does have it's drawbacks though. Wherever I go I'm always on duty, Even when off duty. I'm not required to, But I chose to carry most of the times I go out, So if anything goes down, I'm on duty again.

Ah clubs. Never been there. There really aren't such places around here. Thats Utah for ya I guess.

i want to go to a club so bad, and hope to DJ clubs one day as a side job :)

i have only a few Daft Punk :)

Haha sweet story Thelis:p

Co-Sign. And to add to the list of cool cops, coming in #4 after AmericanSensei would be Officer(s) Foster, Mac, Rabbit, O'Hagen and Thorny from Super Troopers:D

Ah clubs. Never been there. There really aren't such places around here. Thats Utah for ya I guess.
Same here Mike...haha folks like us, de-void of credible local clubs have to travel a little farther than most folks to party:p although now that I have hit 18 I hope to go clubbin' at least once with my uncle in Birmingham:D

The night didn't end there though. After leaving the party at around 1AM, we dispersed. TheColumbia and CoatMan decided to go to a bar on Canal Street. Understandably, I didn't really want to head downtown with them, so TheSwimmer and I decided to go with a bunch of people to central park.

We get there around 1:30, and don't really know what to do next. So we all chill in this like forest area with trees all around us. Someone had drinks so we had us some fun, but it got lame fast. Everyone was about to head home until this one giant kid yelled out: Party on 96th and lex!. Obviously we all jumped into cabs and went to 96th.

We are dropped off in front of a giant apartment building, and the doorman knowingly tells us all the apartment number. We get there, open the door, and wow... As soon as the door opens, we are greeted with the pleasant smell of beer. Now, neither of us drinks beer, but we decide to chill there anyways. At around 2:00am, it becomes painfully obvious that most of the kids there are either idiots or just plain old not interesting.

So we do what we do best... start making fun of people.

Some highlights:

I walk up to some chick wearing a neon green dress.
Me: Hello Ms. Green Lantern?
Her: WHAT?! This is a gucci dress.
Me: It makes you look like a glow stick.
Her: Don't hate me because I am pretty.
Me: Your dress is ugly.

TheSwimmer starts a fight with a guido poser.
Him: Hey, can you use your hair as a lethal weapon?
Guido: ... What bro? I am so far out dude.
Him: Your hair... is it classified as a weapon?
Guido: Bro, you making fun of me man?
Him: ... MHm.
Guido: I'll get my friends now and we will OWN you.
Him: Ok, I'll be over there (motions towards the couch area).

After that we decided to go, not because of the Guido, but because the party was getting even lamer.

As we exit the apartment, we see a squad car pull up. Now, not having done anything illegal, we say hi to the officers and go towards the general area of Lexington (it was kinda hard to find though.. we were slightly you know...).

When we get there, we turn around and glance up at the window of the party apartment. The lights are all on and the people are just standing there. It becomes clear where the officers went.

As we get into the cab, we laugh about it to ourselves and head home. The cabbie drops us off in front of our apartment complex (we live in the same one). I reach into my jeans for the money... and my wallet is missing. Only then do I realize that I left my coat at the previous apartment, along with my money... credit cards... etc. Neither my friend nor I want to go back.

I get money from my place and pay off the cabbie, but my wallet is still at that apartment... I am going to go there and try to get it back this Sunday. Updates to come.

Back
Top Bottom