Why do some people here...

and some people like 01010100010 give bad rep when you try and help someone else out.

So far, I like the reputation system but now I think of it as socially orientated because not everyone supplies rep points whether they're deserved or not after solving their problem or recently joined members can only give neutral rep. It's probably mainly in the social lounge when someone finds a funny link or even burns another member appropriately and I've had a few from my opinion in a friendly argument.

So relax, it's not an accurate judgment of every user's technical capability on CF. Hell, I'm a living testament to that, haha!

If they just reply saying that it worked, fine, if they say thanks, even better.
Demanding anything beyond that is just being selfish.

Must someone really have to rep you to show that they really appreciate your input? I'll agree with what another member wrote on here, I think this thread is just another attempt to get Reputation points. I don't need to be repped to know that a User appreciated my help.

If it is indeed proper ethic to Rep someone when they make a good point, Or help you out, Everyone would have the same Avatar....Green Boxes everywhere.

Rep to me is entirely at that users discretion.

Back
Top Bottom