Recommend me a brand of laptop

Apple's efforts on returning to profitability, Jobs immediately terminated a number of projects such as Newton, Cyberdog, and OpenDoc. In the coming months, many employees developed a fear of encountering Jobs while riding in the elevator, "afraid that they might not have a job when the doors opened. The reality was that Jobs's summary executions were rare, but a handful of victims was enough to terrorize a whole company."[

and i found that it wasn't over drug abuse it was poor sales(kind of like now) but he did have a drug addiction when growing up you need to research your history.

So instead of leaving petty comments in my profile, you should rethink your post. If you have further comments, just message me. I'm sure Ð88 doesn't want our conversation in his thread.

^

Have any more concerns D88?

This is by request...

ok mac uses parralel to emulate a dx9 enviorment so it can attempt to play games (its so bad it wants to "pretend" its windows", failing in the early 90 steve jobs was fired as CEO for a drug addiction and later bbrought back 5 years later,also he "stole" his OS and Mouse ideas from a printing corporations and finnally macs repeatedly try to imatate the latest market ideas with out coming up with a new ideas there,

mac air=xps latest series

oh and don't forget he was a total jerk to his employees that worked for him at the time, you should watch some documenteries on all this.

if this isn't proof enough that macs are simply no comparison to PC then you really shouldn't post

as i said before i didn't mean to sound angry at you but if you want to give negative rep because your that ignorent of a person then go rght ahead...

ok mac uses parralel to emulate a dx9 enviorment so it can attempt to play games (its so bad it wants to "pretend" its windows",

The Mac OS doesn't try to emulate DX9. It uses OpenGL. Completely separate engines.

failing in the early 90 steve jobs was fired as CEO for a drug addiction and later bbrought back 5 years later,

Apple announced Steve's removal, along with the first quarterly loss in their history as well as significant layoffs, on Friday, May 31, 1985.

The weak sales were beginning to put pressure on the relationship between Steve Jobs and John Sculley for the very first time.

also he "stole" his OS and Mouse ideas from a printing corporations

After hearing about the pioneering GUI technology being developed at Xerox PARC from former Xerox employees like Raskin, Jobs negotiated a visit to see the Xerox Alto computer and Smalltalk development tools in exchange for Apple stock options.

Apple, IBM and Microsoft used many of Xerox's ideas to develop IBMs Common User Access specifications that formed the basis of the user interface found in Microsoft Windows, IBM OS/2 Presentation Manager, and the Unix Motif toolkit and window manager.

mac air=xps latest series

How is the Air supposed to compete with the XPS series? Where did you even get that idea? The Air is aimed towards travelers, while the Pro is aimed at the XPS series.

oh and don't forget he was a total jerk to his employees that worked for him at the time, you should watch some documenteries on all this.

Yeah, everyone knows about this.

if this isn't proof enough that macs are simply no comparison to PC then you really shouldn't post

XPS M1530
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7250 (2MB cache/2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB)
3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
Speed: 200GB3 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT[/quote]

Macbook Pro
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
200GB or 250GB
5400-rpm hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
256MB or 512MB SDRAM

and i found that it wasn't over drug abuse it was poor sales(kind of like now) but he did have a drug addiction when growing up you need to research your history.

It was the 70's. What did you expect?

as i said before i didn't mean to sound angry at you but if you want to give negative rep because your that ignorent of a person then go rght ahead...

You need to get your facts straight before calling someone ignorant. If you feel so strongly about your posts, why did you edit them?

I think Apple makes great products, as with Dell, HP and other computer manufactures. It bugs me when people make claims without backing them up, simply based on stereotypes of a company. Yeah, there are overzealous Mac fans, but you need to look beyond that to get the correct information. People like ace777 like to spread information based on misconceptions.

Sorry for ruining your thread D88, but this guy kept going on about it.

^

Have any more concerns D88?

hmm, well things are still up in the air for me about Apple computers but I think I have read enough opinions about them so far to make some good judgments.

and as far as arguing in this thread, I was more just looking for opinions that were in favour of different brands rather than knocking on others so let's not have this completely turn into an Apple vs PC thread.

hmm, well things are still up in the air for me about Apple computers but I think I have read enough opinions about them so far to make some good judgments.

and as far as arguing in this thread, I was more just looking for opinions that were in favour of different brands rather than knocking on others so let's not have this completely turn into an Apple vs PC thread.

I don't think it was necessarily heading towards the whole PC vs Mac debate, as it was simply clarifying someone's misinformation.

What are you looking to do with this notebook? College? I'll could offer some good suggestions.

Yeah I will be taking notes with it at university, will do some programming on it, of course internet browsing, msn, etc. The fact that i wont be doing any gaming on it lowers the price a lot. I don't really need a lot of storage because I can offload things onto my desktop computer. I would prefer a fast laptop though, probably core 2 duo and 2GB of memory.

and also, i will be transporting it a lot because, as i already mentioned, I have a desktop so a notebook will not be a desktop replacement.

What will be your budget? I know there's some Lenovo Thinkpads that could suit you.

Do some research on the Thinkpad X61. It's an ultra portable notebook with excellent battery life, if you configure it with a nine cell battery. It also comes with a durable case, perfect for campus life.

What will be your budget? I know there's some Lenovo Thinkpads that could suit you.

Do some research on the Thinkpad X61. It's an ultra portable notebook with excellent battery life, if you configure it with a nine cell battery. It also comes with a durable case, perfect for campus life.

i would like to keep things relatively cheap so no more than $1500CDN for sure.

and I looked at the X61 but I don't like that it only has the trackpoint. I've used that before and really didnt like it.

Back
Top Bottom