Recommend me a brand of laptop

I have never had any problems with my Mac connecting to networks. But you are right that purchasing both Mac and Windows can get very expensive. The reason that I chose to go with a MacBook over a PC laptop is that I was just starting out with taking some graphic design courses and it did not make sense to get a Windows based computer when I would have to use Macs to do all of my school projects. I am not exaggerating when I say that every single college art professor and professional designer that I have ever met uses the Mac OS and declares that it is the better system for art/design work....and I have met quite a few of them! I don't know why this is the case because in my opinion there is really not that huge of a difference in the two systems as far as performance goes. The one thing that I do like about having a Mac is the fact that I don't have to worry as much about viruses. I'm not one of those people who believe that Macs are totally immune. I know that there will eventually be more viruses that are targeted toward Mac computers, but until then it is nice to not have to worry about constantly scanning and downloading anti-virus updates. Also, I like the Mac developer's environment, but that is probably because I am more used to it than the Windows based ones.

It really depends on how much money you want to spend and which setup you like better. I think that either OS would do the jobs that you want. I would say to go to the stores and play around with both kinds of laptops, look at the features, and decide from that.

Well we currently have 3, two loans and our own all are Toshiba and I find the quite good so look up some of them.

Apple's are more expensive because they don't have to compete with other vendors, and thus no price wars. Whereas DELL competes with Toshiba, HP, ACER, ASUS, IBM, LENOVO, and many more other laptop manufacturers.

That's a bunch of hot air. So you don't think Apple tries to compete with Dell, Lenovo, Acer, HP or Sony? They're all notebook manufactures, so I don't see the logic in that.

Apple likes to keep everything simple and standard. They're not into options, as with other brands. That's why you're paying a higher price.

Simple as this.

Lenovo Thinkpads - offers business grade notebooks
Dell/HP - offers midrange and highrange notebooks for the masses
Sony - offers great specifications in small packages
Apple - offers both a software and hardware solution

That's a bunch of hot air. So you don't think Apple tries to compete with Dell, Lenovo, Acer, HP or Sony? They're all notebook manufactures, so I don't see the logic in that.

Apple likes to keep everything simple and standard. They're not into options, as with other brands. That's why you're paying a higher price.

Simple as this.

Lenovo Thinkpads - offers business grade notebooks
Dell/HP - offers midrange and highrange notebooks for the masses
Sony - offers great specifications in small packages
Apple - offers both a software and hardware solution

so total crap has a chance against the good laptops,the only reason noone wants to buy them is because its a bad OS setup,goodness I dislike mac, every turn they try to get as close toa PC as possible and fail at every attempt.

I like HP, I've got an HP laptop and it's great. Acer, Toshiba, Apple, Lenovo and Sony are good too.

so total crap has a chance against the good laptops, all macs are for liberal hippies wanting you to buy there crap so steve can go get high with it, goodness I hate mac, every turn they try to get as close toa PC as possible and fail at every attempt.

Then don't post my friend. It's better to have not posted, than to post at all.

he asked for a better brand i told him my opinion, its not you if i sound angry i have to deal with this crap all the time.

User CP said:
maybe you should try bieng more open to others opinions

You didn't offer your opinion. Instead, you flamed a brand without any information backing up your claim.

Let's see what the forum rules have on this sort of thing.

Forum Rules said:
For sale / flaming brands

Unuseful comments:

-When in the for sale board, stuff like
Quote:
'brand suck'
Should be edited and the user informed that this kind of thread is not allowed.

-brand are not any good, because........... (etc)
That is acceptable, because it is what is being asked for.

So instead of leaving petty comments in my profile, you should rethink your post. If you have further comments, just message me. I'm sure Ð88 doesn't want our conversation in his thread.

Back
Top Bottom