Loud computer whirring and doesn't shut up anymore!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone! UMMM! I've got a fine custom built PC that has a P4 3.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, and 4 80GB hds, Vista Ultimate, and a power supply that I think might be the problem.

So basically if my room is cold, I can turn on the computer and it's just like a regular computer noise with stuff running. Unfortunately, after about 15 mins of it being on OR running ANY video/audio stuff, it gets SO loud and whirring (from a fan i think) and it makes me just not want it on. This obviously isnt good esp because i use this PC to watch all my movies/listen to music.

So I've listened behind the comp, and I'm pretty sure it's the power supply. Because the loud whirring sound is coming directly from near where the PS fan is. Is there any reason it has to be so f***ing loud? My room isn't hot or anything either...

Any help would be appreciated! New PS? New PC (I hope not...)? I'd just like to keep the solution cheap. Over the summer I might put a couple hundred bucks into upgrading the system, but for now cheap fix please

Thanks!

well id open it up and make sure you know what fan it is. try and get dust out of your case, and if its still happening just replace the fan or in worse case scenario replace the PSU

sounds like the video if its not integrated thats probably it, you can buyy a new heat sink for like 10 dollars if thats what it is.

A fan could possibly be going bad. Take the side cover off to see if you can isolate where its coming from.

Back
Top Bottom