Why do some people here...

Have you ever helped someone with something. But they didn't give you any cradit. Even if your help was the best. And it worked. Well I have. And I hate it when some of the people here do that. We deserve the credit (rep). Type 12344 if you voted yes and type 44321 if you voted no.

Welcome to life. As you grow up you will realize that many matters in life are the same way.

And to be blunt, I have maybe only seen one good helpful post from you.

I don't really care about it, but I'm not gonna lie I like when I o get it for good reasons. You know you can make public poles so you can see who voted and what they chose...

What do you want done about it? We cannot write a script as "helpful" posts vary by topic and who is judging it. And we cannot have us mods to go through and judge since we do have lives. I know I speak for the rest of the team when I say that going through every post and determining if it was "helpful" is really the last thing I want to do with my free time.

I don't help people solely to get "rep". If I get some, that's fine, if I don't, that's fine too. It's not a big deal really.

I don't think I "deserve credit" when I help someone. It's my pleasure to help out.

56788 :D

I don't think I "deserve credit" when I help someone. It's my pleasure to help out.

And that's why we should be helping people. We shouldn't help just so we can get rep. If getting rep is the only reason you help out, then stop helping. Odds are the quality of your posts is not there then.

I don't help people solely to get "rep". If I get some, that's fine, if I don't, that's fine too. It's not a big deal really.

56788 :D

I agree completely with that statement. Rep is lame. I don't spend a few minutes every hour lurking/ posting on here to get rep, neither should anyone else.

Yeah, I dont care if people give me rep or not. If you are negative, that doesnt really look good, but it really doesnt matter so much.

Have you ever helped someone with something. But they didn't give you any cradit. Even if your help was the best. And it worked. Well I have. And I hate it when some of the people here do that. We deserve the credit (rep). Type 12344 if you voted yes and type 44321 if you voted no.

I think you need to stop worrying about the reputation system. You'll know by time who are the most resourceful members.

well I just help because i want to, I would like rep but i fell better and more expert if i have succeeded in helping someone :) .

It's life, get used to it. You're not always going to get credit for things you do for people. I enjoy the satisfaction of helping people, that's more than good enough for me. I don't need credit or glorification to know that I did something good, as long as I did something good and helped someone out then I'm happy. I really don't care about rep, it's a green icon. I try to give rep when I see a good post or someone helps me but I do forget sometimes.

Here's my response: 654987165 figure it out! What's with these weird codes? there are more letters than numbers on the keyboard for a reason. Why not just do what Lowndsey suggested and stick to the regular YES or NO? just a thought :)

Back
Top Bottom