Security Question

Vitaminx

In Runtime
I'm sure this has been posted many times on this site, but I haven't had much luck in finding something along these lines. I'm looking for a free anti virus, free anti spyware, and free firewall off the internet. At the moment I'm using AVG, and I like it because it doesn't interfere with much and does a good job on scans. But I can't seem to figure out how to set it up so it will do the scans at a certain time of day every day. If AVG free edition won't let you do this, can anyone recommend something that will? Hopefully something that will not interfere with the performance when playing games.

AVG Free lets you scan at a preset time of day but only once a day can be scheduled.

Open the Test Centre, click on the Scheduler (top left corner), left click "Test plan in basic mode" to highlight it, then at the bottom of the page click Edit Schedule, select your prefered option, click OK and away you go

Oh sweet. Thanks. By the way. Is AVG one of the best out there? I use it for anti spyware and anti virus.

Oh. What do you recommend for anti virus and anti spyware programs.

Nothing that is free haha. Nonfree, go with NOD32 as it's the most effective anti-virus, and includes anti-spyware definitions now (I haven't tested these however). Webroot anti-spyware is also a great anti-spyware program.

If you had to say, what would you say the best free anti-virus and anti-spyware programs are. At the moment I'll use free, but once I build my new right I'll look into what you listed.

Back
Top Bottom