2 graphic cards.

Leopold Butters

Beta member
If i put in 2 graphic cards into my computer one is a 640mb Geforce 8800 and the other is a 256 geforce that came with the computer will both run together like RAM does? or do i need 2 of the same graphic cards for this to work? Thanks for any help.

They should run together. But, just wondering. What are you using them for? Or what do you need them both for?

No, it will not work. To run SLI, you need to have two identical GPUs and you also need an SLI capable board.

but the 2 video cards can be different brands like you can install a really good XFX and then a cheap generic brand , they just need same model and amount of Vram

You can pair completely different graphics cards if all you want is more monitors, but multi-GPU 3-D rendering won't happen.

I just wanted to use it for Crysis to make the came run at a smooth frame rate..I read on IGN that they used the same set up i have and had frame rate problems.. looks like i will need to get a better graphics card some day lol

The 8800GTS G80 cards are dropping in price quite fast. You could pick another up as long as you have an SLI capable motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom