Good computer or Not??

Personaly, I would say it's sorta worth it. But it does cost alot for what it is.

Grrrr... It disgusts me when eBay computer sellers falsely state multi-core processor speeds. This listing is even worse. Rather than multiply the processor speed by the number of cores. This seller has actually multiplied the Hypertransport speed (3600MT/s) He calls it a 3.6GHz FSB!!!. by the number of cores. So apparently this is a 14.4Ghz AMD Phenom 9500. I just want to make this clear. Inside that CPU, there is four cores running at 2.2GHz. You cannot add these speeds up, it just doesn't work like that. Sorry about that, I just had to get it out the way before answering your question.
To put it simply, no that is not a good PC for the price. The seller has put together a number of components that are meant to deceive the potential buyer into believing that it's a great buy. For exemple. The 2GB of video memory. This sounds great to the average client. But I can see past this. There is actually just 2 8500GTs 1GB in an SLI configuration. In case you didn't know. The 8500GT is a low-end, poor-performing GPU (graphics processing unit). The video memory means nothing. For exemple the 8800GTS G92 video card which is a brilliant performer, only has 512MB of VRAM. And I've already talked enough about his disgusting 14.4Ghz CPU.
Although I'm sure you won't be too keen, I would recommend you build the PC yourself. You can get so much more for your money and it's not at all as hard as you think. Here is a guide: http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/
And of course, if you have any problems, you can post them here and we'll be more than happy to help as long as you ask nicely. If you don't like the idea of building your own, then just say and I will try and find a pre-built PC at a good price for you. I am from the UK as well so I know where to look.
I forgot to add that, although 8GB if RAM sound amazing. It will be of very low quality modules and lower speeds.

I agree. You can get a better pc for the money that you use to build one instead of buying one. I'm currently trying to build one right know. The first reason to build a pc is that you can make it faster than off the shelf pc's. And sometimes you can make it cheaper.

I sent that guy a message demanding he correct the false information in that listing.

thats good worshipme lots of people that are hopeless at computers will get sucked in by the ??14.4 ghz?? and the two 8500gt in sli

That's why I sent the seller a message. It's disgusting seeing somebody trying to take advantage of your average potential buyer like that.

That's why I sent the seller a message. It's disgusting seeing somebody trying to take advantage of your average potential buyer like that.

i tryed sending the last one that did that a message , if you rember was advertising 2 quad cores at 40ghz
the email i got back was him saying that im an idiot and that his computer was approved by his "lawyer" wtf . i asked him to send me pics with his username, but i never heard from him after that

thanks for all the replys great help just what im after, im not realy intrested in build you own computer, but if anyone could give me a link to any good pre built computer that would be amazing.

Thanks again

thanks for all the replys great help just what im after, im not realy intrested in build you own computer, but if anyone could give me a link to any good pre built computer that would be amazing.

Thanks again

I'll have a look now. What is your budget exactly?

Back
Top Bottom