Worth Upgrading With Dead Usb Ports?

ace777

Fully Optimized
http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=T6528

here is a comp my dad is throwing away, so anyways it has a 939 socket i think, the USB ports are dead and we needed a new ne anyways so. it has 512 ram with 384 avail. i plan to upgrade with a 2.2 dual core, a 1 or2 gig upgrade, and a 8400 gs (like the 35 dollar onee). so i was asking that since the USB ports are dead and my parents think the parralells have died to do you think the board will die any time soon. we had someone on our comp messing with the USB from another location and we think that did it. also is there any ideas on how to fix that? ANd is it wirth the money to upgrade or should i leave it as be.

I don't think I'd bother. I've had several eMachines and some had mobos go out due to PSU failure, or they were just junk. For yours it may be a partial PSU failure or something that caused all the ports to go out... My brother had a T5010 and it never really worked all that well. No glitches, but it was just always so slow and the hardware in it was fast.

Does it have an AGP port or something? My brother's T5010 only had 3 PCI ports, no AGP or PCI-e.

pci express so a 8400 gs is right for it.as far as price. but is the processor coreect or what should i do.

Back
Top Bottom