Audio Device Question

marcmarteleira

In Runtime
Hey, my dad got a new sound card for his computer and I installed it for him and stuff, but under Sounds and Audio Devices it says there is no audio device even though the computer detects the card and has drivers for it.

If your fathers comp is an XP comp then go to the start menu > control panel > system > click on the hardware tab > device manager. Then in the device manager make sure that under the sound option, or sound card, which ever it is, you make sure that the new sound card is enabled and that there are the newest and most up to date drivers. Then you want to disable the onboard sound. Then do a restart and see if that works.

If it is a vista comp then click on the start menu > control panel > system and maintenence > device manager. Then go through the same process of enabling and disabling. Then see what happens.

Cheers!

This didn't work. I had this problem before and I plugged a USB headset into the computer and then it detected the microphone and when I removed it the computer had a audio device enabled and the audio worked.

Back
Top Bottom