Backup Software

kniouk

Solid State Member
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable backup program. I need to backup an XP and Vista machine on a daily basis.

Free software is preferred.

Cheers

I recommend NORTON GHOST or ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE, I use GHOST, if its just data files not OS and all then you could use Nero, or windows own.

Interesting ones. where do they backup all files?

Ghost or Acronis are imaging software that copy your entire Hard drive as is, for example, when you first by a new computer or after a reformat, you can use these software's for like taking a snap picture of you system then save the image to another HDD internal or EXTERNAL, or BURN them to a CD/DVD, then if in the near future you have a problem with your computer all you do is put in the recovery disc or floppy and access the program, select the drive/disc where your image backup is and replace your existing drive with your back up one, no need to reformat & reload windows/software it will already be there. ( this can not work on occasions if you change some major hardware as you would need to make a new image of the system changes first).
If your just after saving some data or software then use Neros back up program or an external HDD or CD/DVD.

Back
Top Bottom