My temps

I guess I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy different thermal paste and a couple fans. I'll post tomorrow after I do that and re mount my shit.

That would be wise idea. I'm guessing your using the stock fan. Make sure its fully mounted and snapped into place. If its loose your going to loose contact and cooling power.

Also be sure to mount your fans so they don't counteract each other and disrupt the airflow through your case. IE fans on the front and bottom are generally intake and the back and top are exhaust fans. Side fans can be either but more often then not intakes.

Be sure to post back with results. Make sure you clean the old thermal paste off before you replace with new paste. Use coffee filters and rubbing alcohol preferably 70% or better.

Tried, can't change it from 1.36
Yeah, I was just looking through your bios options in your boards manual, it appears that you don't have the normal options to reduce vcore, yours is under the power tab yet most boards that offer variable vcore have this setting under the advanced tab, it appears you are out of luck on that front.

Still, given that your cpu is the SLA8Z model you're still well within thermal spec of 73.2°C. Really the only other way to reduce temps is to address case cooling and cable clutter etc apart from the obvious aftermarket cooler option lol

Yeah, I was just looking through your bios options in your boards manual, it appears that you don't have the normal options to reduce vcore, yours is under the power tab yet most boards that offer variable vcore have this setting under the advanced tab, it appears you are out of luck on that front.

Still, given that your cpu is the SLA8Z model you're still well within thermal spec of 73.2°C. Really the only other way to reduce temps is to address case cooling and cable clutter etc apart from the obvious aftermarket cooler option lol

Sadly, I do have an aftermarket cooler. Scythe Mugen. Obviously it isn't seated probably or I need to re-apply thermal paste. Which I am going to do tomorrow.

That's good looking cooler apart from the push pin mounts and it stacks up quite well in this review

What fan/s do you have on it and how are they set up?

If you do remove it to reseat check the base of the cooler for unevenness, it may need lapping if it is too uneven.

What is the VID of your cpu? You can find it using Core Temp

Yes but giving false or misleading information that may result in hardware damage is just plain irresponsible and morally wrong.

Why do you keep signing yourself as jerk at the end of your posts, do you suffer from low self esteem??

No, I suffer getting molested by a 12 year old pc geek.

lol just like you.

Get out in the real world, instead of stuck/glued to your pc pigeon boy

whats your problem, i was referring to just his in his pc, he said which part, what i ment was no part, just in his pc.

and 30c is fine in a pc.

and don't tell me what to and what not to post iv'e been here along time and rarely make stupid mistakes.

And it sounds as if you just come off one of your games after someone has just totally bum thrashed you

don't start with me, behave kid

ive read lots of your posts in the few weeks that you have been back here , and you obviously dont know but i can tell you right now that ATF is properly one of the most knowledgeable members on CF and just because you have been here longer doesnt make you any smarter then him

Back
Top Bottom