DOA Question

Vitaminx

In Runtime
Since I'm new to building computers and ordering parts online, but have the general idea of how to build one I have one final question. Are DOA's common when purchassing computer parts online? If so, in what parts are they most common in?

DOA- Dead on arrival.

DOA's aren't that common, but they occasionally happen. If you should happen to encounter a DOA, have the company you bought it from replace or refund it, but if its an item they can't do that with, then you might be able to get the part manufacturer to replace it.

well.. so far I've built 3 computers and I've already gotten bad ram and a mobo that was doa. :D And they were on the same build too. Damn I was pissed off since it took like a week or so to get the mobo replaced.. and then when I finally get everything working my games crash. So then I figured it was the ram.. well another week of waiting. (obviously they wanted me to send back the whole 2x 1gb kit even though only 1 stick was bad)

But I'm pretty sure I've just had some bad luck, usually there shouldn't be any problems with hardware being doa.

yea I was just wondering if its easy to tell what item is doa. Like if I put everything together correctly and I get an error later on, I was just wondering if it would be easy to tell what caused that error. Like faulty RAM or bad hard drive. That stuff.

Depends where your ordering from... if its not where your location is don't buy it.

if its in where your from buy it.

Lets say your from UK and you want a dell? sure they are based in UK so it will be delivery by van, which is better then getting aboard on a plane.

Its a choice only you can make and think of, would you risk your card now a days online and your information? I would, why? because I'm a risker lol.

but anyway, go for it if you really want it.

yea I was just wondering if its easy to tell what item is doa. Like if I put everything together correctly and I get an error later on, I was just wondering if it would be easy to tell what caused that error. Like faulty RAM or bad hard drive. That stuff.

usually we can figure out which part is doa pretty easily. Sometimes it might be a bit hard because it could be a number of things but eventually you will figure it out. :p

There is a small chance of getting a defective part, but Newegg's customer service is excellent so you shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement.

I've purchased many parts online over the years, both new and used, and have never encountered any problems. :D

Back
Top Bottom