Presidential Elections!

Lowndsey, hey, how are you? I hope all is well. Thanks so much for your support in my other threads. You're awsome! :) I'll PM you about that Dave dude to keep you updated. It gets real good. Now, let me shut up about that, as that is hijacking the thread. Back to the topic at hand.

Anyway, I've not hijacked this thread as I was stating why I'd not vote for certain candidates and why I'd vote for others. I did as everyone else did. I'm very strong with what I believe, and I speak my mind about it, especially if I feel strongly about them. I do not sugar code them. I did not expect it to turn into the debate that it did. However, because I was challenged, I felt to defend my side and give an answer. There is nothing wrong with a healthy debate. I enjoyed it. If I hurt anyone at all, that was not my intention in the least.

Not once did I ever insult anyone, call them names, or break them down. It is not my place to judge anyone. But, I will stand my ground.

DJ-Chris, I'm fine with you not agreeing with my viewpoints concerning the gender roles. My friends and I talk about them all the time. We all differ on this issue. We just respect one another's view. We even laugh and kid about it. They speak their piece, and I do mine. We don't get uptight about it. My sources for my views is in the Bible at Ephesians chapter 5:21-31 and 1 Peter 3:1-7. Please please please, do not take me the wrong way. I'm not a Bible thumper of any sort. I just share why I believe what I do. I don't make people feel bad for disagreeing as many of today's clergy do.

As I've stated before, I was not meaning it in a negative light: but, I can't stop your feelings on it. I'm fine with the gender roles. The whole world is out of whack today.

And, about the man living with another man, I kinda got a laugh about that. That was kinda cute. I'm giving you rep points for originality on that one. Good issue to raise though. :)

As far as the gender roles between you two men, lol, yall have to sort that out.

Nice to see ya again. Do you have anymore dance/trance mixes? I'd love to hear more of them.

I for one do not believe in the family model, and as an atheist, I take everything the bible has to say with a grain of salt.

Tool13, I'm sure I'd be kicked out of your debate class. I'm certain of it. However I'm not the only one here who said they didn't care. LOL! :) As for the pain of feeling pain from a miscarriage, I know what it was like.

Just for clarification, that wasn't me who said that. Just letting you know :p

The man is the head running the house. This is a very weighty responsibility as he has to provide for the family, protect his wife as she is precious, and protect the offspring. He is responsible for the outcomes of all of his decisions, as he decides what is best for the wellfare of his household. Should he not do this, should he abuse his wife and kids, then he is no better than in infidel. It makes him worthless aka deadbeat dads.

The women are responsible for domestic affairs. They ensure that the kids are well cared for on the home front, and they support their husbands. They are there for them when the husband is ill, and he is there likewise. They take care of all the things at home. they are the ones who ensure that the children get into the house safely off the school bus so they are not latch key children coming home to an empty house being able to get into trouble as I had been as a child. Women have a huge role. They are responsible for molding the minds of our future. I'd feel honored to take part in helping our future.

The problem is today that nobody follows their rol. Men become sperm donors, and the women are seeking selfish pleasures feeling that everyone owes them everything. And, where do the kids stand?

This seems like a very 18th to 19th century way of thinking.

There is nothing wrong with a healthy debate. I enjoyed it.

And I would also like to say that although we differ in opinion, I too am enjoying the debate and am enjoying being exposed to different sides of the issue. A good debate is good for a person, it makes them more open minded.

i may not be a mod but every single person on this forum can enforce rules
and any sexist or racist comments are not needed and will not be allowed here as we do have other female members
please keep all sexist or racist comments to your self
as for freedom of speech thats fine
but this forum inst under federal law and im 100% positive the moderators will agree with me about keeping sexist and racist comments to your self
im not attacking you as this goes for all members

It wasn't a sexist or racist "comment" she was expressing her opinion. Everyone has a right to an opinion - i'm sure if any other female members are particularly offended by her opinion they're welcome to express their opinions as well.

Although, I don't quite get where you took any part of her post to be racist?

As for the whole debate about roles in a household - nowadays there are too many people having kids together at young ages because they're too stupid to use contraception - and so they grow up to be unstable families, they split up and then you have one parent looking after the children, most of the time with only one job and working full time. This means dysfunctional households and in todays world its all to common. I think that a lot of people, young people mostly (and no I'm not being "ageist" since I am a young person) who have lost respect for other people (and, ironically, these are the people who cry that no one has any respect for them) and the property of other people - we have gang killings with people as young as 16 being shot or beaten to death - and I think you'll find that a lot of these kids are from single parent households (and NO, im not saying that kids from all single parent households are like this)

my state meant about racist or sexist comments was not just for her comment but a remind to the entire forum
and saying women are not capable of running the government or a house hold for that matter seems pretty sexist....

I do not want Hillary to win because;
1. She talks out of both sides of her mouth.
2. she wants to implement plans that will no doubt, raise taxs. I'm not in favor of raising taxes, as i'm a small business owner. It will also affect everyone else since the prices of goods will rise.
3. she is a woman, and as far as I'm concerned, women should not be rulers. Men were made to be heads.
4. She looks a bit psycho in the eyes.

weather that comes from a man or a women its sexist in my mind

Your third reason in the quote is very Sexist. I would like to see a women president. But Hilary Clinton is not going to be our First women president. But like I said before your lucky I am not president. I would have a little bit more labor in our country, I would have a way better military then we already have. And I would take over the world in glorious battles with my friend Casey Davis as my lead general. And one thing is forced labor. I dont like it but it works. I probably wouldnt use it. Like in China. Their economy is booming because the have it but we still own. And we need a president that knows what they are doing like John McCain. Hilary and Obama is very inexperienced. I mean we are sleeping in military. In about a decade Russia will have more nuclear submarines then the rest of the world combined. Unless we change the pace. Just something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom