Computer for Battlefield 2

If you're going to post, make sure it's constructive.

I think I know what to post ive been here long enough kid.

I was having a joke, it clearly shows he has been helped already and a little comedy might bright the thread up with a spark or 2

pfft

because I started here in 04, stopped logging in for a while, when i was away from site the rep thing just got introduced, so now i just come back i see i have 1 bar, why? because i never made post while rep was introduced.

what cryman was that post for?> to starty somethinG? are did I tackle the question? you got beef with me? then shut up and dont even try start

BF2 is VERY POORLY OPTIMIZED
i think it might actually be true that to play it on max settings at 1280x1024 AND keep 50fps, u need an 8800GT

serously
my 7800 chokes like crazy when i have it maxed at 1280x1024. my processor also sucks, but still, my processor was like PWNAGE back when the game was new- doesnt that tell u something about its optimization?

i mean, how come HL2 runs so well on my machine maxed out but BF2 runs so awfully? their graphics levels are about the same

you're gonna need a Pentium Dual Core E2160 and 2GB DDR2-800 memory, and this PNY 8800GT for it. motherboard is your choice, but assuming its around $80, this build will be just under $400

This setup is realllly low budget, and honestly not that powerful (besides the card), but it will guarantee 30+fps on ALL Last-generation games at high resolutions like 1680x1050 and 1920x1200

i'd say screw it and build a proper gaming PC (Q6600 OC'd to 3GHz, 4GB DDR2-8, 8800GT or 2), but if you're REALLY on a budget and you really just wanna play those old games, go ahead.

the NVIDIA 9-series' specs look seiorusly disappointing because they're like the exact same as the 8-series, but i wouldnt judge'em until Tomshardware acutally benchmarks them.

when i build my machine later this year, ill prob get a 9-series (9800GTX or GT)

Did he say he would be overclocking? I can't remember. If the OP did, then the E2160 that umakemebetter suggested is a good choice. If however, you won't be OC'ing then something like the 4000+ X2 is better.

Back
Top Bottom