Need Help for NEW DOMAIN with details

passion

Solid State Member
Hi,

Friends i need your help at my office i have 30 computers

and want to make a domain,we plan to deploy 2003 server

and install ACTIVE DIRECTORY,DNS,VPN,TERMINAL SERVIES,

i have little konwledge in this field,but not much expereience

so if any body show me the procedure how to install and configure ACTIVE DIRECTORY,HOW TO ADD NEW USERS,CLIENTS,DNS,VPN
in details.

pleae anybody help me out ASAP,

eagerly waiting bye

Thanks.

I have installed Server 2003 at home with a few computers connected to it. I am planning on doing a step by step installation and config for my own reference but I can give you a copy of it. Have you installed any operating systems before?

If you do want this I will do it this weekend coming up. Shouldn't take long to do it and I will make it clear as possible with screenshots.

Hi,

Thanks For Response

Dude I Will Wait For posting please send me with screenshot,

and if possible please show me how to create users and how to add

client,restrictions etc. Please Send me ASAP

Thanks.

How-to's from Microsoft:

Active Directory - support.microsoft.com/kb/324753/en-us

DNS - support.microsoft.com/kb/814591

VPN - support.microsoft.com/kb/323441/en-us

For some reason I couldn't get a decent whitepaper on enabling Terminal Services from Microsoft, but the following is pretty good:

You can enable "administrative mode" terminal services, which allows only two sessions, via the System Control Panel applet's Remote tab; for full terminal services, you must enable it by performing these steps:

Start the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs).
Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
Select the Terminal Server option (and clear Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration), then click Next.
For the security mode, select Full or Relaxed, then click Next.
Select the licensing server to use or select the option to automatically discover a license server, as the figure shows, then click Next.
Select the licensing mode--Per Device or Per User. If you have more users then devices, select Per Device mode; otherwise select Per User. Click Finish.
Reboot the computer when prompted.

You must add all users who you want to be able to connect to the terminal server to the Remote Desktop Users group, and you must install all programs via the Add or Remote Programs Control Panel applet.

Members of a terminal server farm must be running Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. If you want to confirm the licensing server that a terminal server is using, run the lsview.exe utility, which you'll find in the Windows 2003 Resource Kit. The figure shows the results of running the tool.

You can also see the licensing server by navigating to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Parameters registry key under either the EnterpriseServerMulti or DomainLicenseServerMulti values (depending on the type of the licensing server).

Back
Top Bottom