Boot Problem

This morning I went to boot up my Acer (specs in sig) and it froze at that windows xp loading page. I turned it off and I did boot with last known configurations. Right before the part where the Windows loading screen is supposed to show up it flickered a blue screen and turned off. I'm assuming it was a BSOD, but it was too fast and I couldn't read it. Then I did boot windows normally and it froze at loading screen. I did boot windows with last known configuration and it gave me a quick BSOD again. Now I booted normally and it went. I'm still worried that this could happen again or even fatally brake my laptop. Any suggestions on what I can do or what this is? By the way, I turned it off properly last night.

First thing I would do is look in the event logs (under system) and see what errors it's giving. DCHP, DCOM, and W32time are normal, it's DISK and others that we should be worried about.

Also, do you know how to turn off automatic restart on system failure?

K, I will look under there and post a screen shot. No, I don't know how to turn off automatic restart. Also, something I forgot to mention is that after the 3rd try, when I read "software or hardware malfunctions", I unplugged and replugged the power cord (for the battery). After that it worked.

edit: I have restarted the computer after the problem and it loaded fine.
edit: I cannot find the "event log".
edit: I ran an anti-virus, no viruses.

First thing I would do is look in the event logs (under system) and see what errors it's giving. DCHP, DCOM, and W32time are normal, it's DISK and others that we should be worried about.

Also, do you know how to turn off automatic restart on system failure?

Normaly I don't do this. But I agree with celegorm.:D

Idk, it fixed itself I guess. I've booted it like 4 times since and it's working perfectly. Thanks for the help guys.

Normaly I don't do this. But I agree with celegorm.:D

Your too new to say anything like that :)

Ok, to get to the event log, open control panel. If your in classic view, click administrative tools. In there is event log. Double click the word "system" on the left and a log will open on the right half of the screen.

Back in control panel again, still in classic view. click system, then the advanced tab. Do you see the "settings" button under "startup and recovery"? Click it. Make sure "Automatically Restart" is not checked and click OK.

Your too new to say anything like that :)

Ok, to get to the event log, open control panel. If your in classic view, click administrative tools. In there is event log. Double click the word "system" on the left and a log will open on the right half of the screen.

Back in control panel again, still in classic view. click system, then the advanced tab. Do you see the "settings" button under "startup and recovery"? Click it. Make sure "Automatically Restart" is not checked and click OK.

I already know how to get there. I'm not that dumb!!!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom