Recommend me a brand of laptop

i was just looking at apple laptops and im just really trying to figure out why they are so much more expensive?

The reason why they're expensive than other brands such as Dell, is because many of the options available on other brands are standard on Apple Macbooks. Bluetooth, hard drive protection, and other features all add up.

Are you doing things that apple is usually better at, or even the opposite end of that, things that apple cannot do (games)?

You can't use that argument anymore.

You can't use that argument anymore.

Eh, The way I see it, you can. If your going to use bootcamp and run windows, why didn't you just buy a windows system to begin with.

But yes, generally no gamming is the case with all lappies.

Because in the end, they're all just computers. Apple is simply a computer manufacture with their own operating system.

PC's have been able to dual boot MAC OS's for years if you have the right hardware.

Anyways nothing against Apple but you're much better off with a Windows based laptop. I would personally recommend Toshiba or Acer. Toshiba offers a lot of bang for the buck and so does Acer. I like Apple laptops, but they are not a great value.

Apple's are more expensive because they don't have to compete with other vendors, and thus no price wars. So they can set whatever price they want, and if you want an Apple laptop then you have to pay that. Whereas DELL competes with Toshiba, HP, ACER, ASUS, IBM, LENOVO, and many more other laptop manufacturers. Leading them to innovate new ways to keep cost down such as more efficient production and larger scale production.

You will probably also have less problems networking your laptop with the school if it runs Windows. On my campus if you save a word document on your network drive, then open it up on a pc somewhere else the document turns into a whole bunch of unrecognizable random ASCII characters. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but you will run into less problems with a PC as most networks are specifically configured to make sure they work with PC's/windows based notebooks.

ACER also has a very wide selection of different computers, which will be nice to get exactly the system you want.

If you were going to run games, which you said you're not, there would be no reason to get a mac. Even if you dual boot windows it would make no sense to buy two OS's and get less performance.

And the argument that MAC's are better at multimedia stuff is also a bunch of bs. Windows has Windows Movie Maker is excellent, I've used it. And its free. Apple actually charges a hidden $80 for their software suite.

Unless you appreciate form factor over functionality, then for a student there is no reason to buy an Apple laptop over a windows based one. You have more companies to choose from, a windows notebook can do everything an apple computer could just as well (and vice versa excluding gaming for macs), is just as secure, and you won't run into school networking problems, and you get better value.

ACER is definitely the way to go. Also check out ASUS, they make good laptops and make a lot of the laptops that vendors like DELL and Toshiba sell to you.

Back
Top Bottom