Keeping spam

how are you supposed to identify members who keep on signing up with different accounts if the only record of them posting is deleted?

it does no harm. those type of comments are not only untrue, troy, but a million miles away from what actually happens. mabye sort out your facts before spreading the bullsh!t.

Mark, I didn't know the spam archive didn't have a post count, I'm not a mod so I assume mainly mods would know that. I still don't see the need to keep the spam threads unless it's an argument between members or something that could be used for future reference. Thanks for jumping on me though, nice to know I made a mistake! :D

From my experiences, even if post counts for users aren't recorded in a particular forum, said posts still count onto the forum's total post count... not that that matters or anything.

You can keep the members arguments then, but you don't need other members posts to identify them you can check for others users registered with that ip or e-mail address to check if its a previously registered member.

Back
Top Bottom