dvd burning problem

crippledchicken

Baseband Member
well, i finally got the sata driver to be able to install the xp home edition on my second 320 gig drive. my problem now! is when i try to burn with my nero 8 ultra burning program it does not go far at all then, the disc ejects with failed burn and says out of memory? i had 4 gigs of ram when i ran the vista drive and now shows 3.25 gigs with the xp which, i expected. could it be the different driver that xp uses with the drive? i had no problem burning on the vista drive same dvd burner etc. thanks for any advice! :)

What kind of DVD Burner is it? It's possible Nero doesn't support it

Thats highly unlikely. Nero 8 supports all DRU-800A and external DRX-800UL drives, and 4X DVD+R DL, 16X DVD±R, 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 48X CD-R and 24X CD-RW formats. You do use Nero 8 right?

Edit: if you are actually burning dvds, do you convert to .vob, encode, and then burn?

I used to use Nero 8 on my PC, but I switched over to Toast Titanium on my iMac, and I am very happy with the switch.

Try this: Roxio Easy Media Creator 10

thanks for the quick responses! the nero 8 works just fine on the drive which has vista home premium which came on the pc on both, dvd-r or dvd+r. on the xp home drive, which is the one i want to use it wants a dvd-r only with this xp drive. will reject dvd+r discs, accept dvd-r but, then fails to burn the vob files ran through dvdfab, or anydvd. says, out of memory? after failed burn. i could post a log file if that might be helpful. thanks! :)

It may be a problem with the ripping software you are using. Try using an older version of DVDFab or even a newer version if available.

Back
Top Bottom