Spam.

Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart

is what Wikipedia says, and what captcha.net say...

though other take exception to this since a turing test is a test given to humans to tell computers and himans apart.

the turing test is applied to chat bots for instance to determin if youre talking to a real person or just to a program.

thus other have sugested it actually stands for

Completely Automated Program to Tell Computers and Humans Apart.

also known as a reverse Turing test...

also they aren't infallible, and most bot makers have found ways to defeat them.
According to Wikipedia, as long as you implement a strong captcha like this one, bots can't read it:
Modern-captcha.jpg

or something easier to do than a captcha, have them type in a phrase in a box.... like it would say "type 'banana' in the box to the right"

most bots couldn't do that, and I'm sure if banana was a picture file there would be no way to bot register.

That wouldn't be very easy to implement. Implementing captcha on this forum requires clicking a button in the admin control panel, thats all.

That wouldn't be very easy to implement. Implementing captcha on this forum requires clicking a button in the admin control panel, thats all.
Actually loads of vBulletin forums have implemented the "type whatever into the box" thing. It's probably a modification made by someone else and they take about 3 clicks to install.

Well, we have a lot of mods. But after looking at G35x's profile... He hasnt been online since march 5th. We need mods that can be on daily pretty much. I mean, if he's on vacation or something, then thats ok, but still.

And ~mr.mixx~ hasnt been online since january...

~Mr. Mixx~ Isn't a full-time mod though. He has pretty much stepped down. I'm his replacement.

Oh, ok, cause I was going to say, he is never online at all... You, Kage, and DJ Chris are online most now I would say. Well, idk about slayer, but I doubt he is on much. He has 1 post for this year so, if you are never posting, I would assume it would be pretty boring to just go online and moderate.

Back
Top Bottom