Keeping spam

hascet

Fully Optimized
I'm just sitting here wondering why the spam threads(I haven't seen one since captcha thankfully) are stored in a spam archive, I'm sure if you got rid of the thousands of posts in that forum and just deleted spam threads instead of moving them it would speed up the forum, and possibly help with the white screens.

is there a spam archive ? i thort they were deleated

Nope, mods just move them to a spam archive.

I remember a mod, or David mentioning earlier that its setup so mods can only move threads not delete them, and if thats the case can't the spam archive be setup to prune every week?

Eh, most of them we probably could delete. But when it comes to stuff like member arguments or what ever, it's always nice to have those there as a reference and record of what was said/done.

Eh, most of them we probably could delete. But when it comes to stuff like member arguments or what ever, it's always nice to have those there as a reference and record of what was said/done.

Excactly,Also if a mod deletes a thread that really isnt spam,so another moderator can restore it.

We keep them because they raise the forum's post count. I see no reason to keep spam threads. The only types of threads I can see keeping in the archive are arguments or something like that, but those stupid "free v1agra 4U" threads need to be deleted because all they do is raise the forum's post count.

We keep them because they raise the forum's post count. I see no reason to keep spam threads. The only types of threads I can see keeping in the archive are arguments or something like that, but those stupid "free v1agra 4U" threads need to be deleted because all they do is raise the forum's post count.

We keep them for a good reason. No mod here has the ability to make anything truly "disappear". IMO this is a good idea, as alot of other forums, mods have randomly made threads they don't like disappear :rolleyes: . It helps keep the mods in check.

Moving things to spam actually lowers people's post count. If you post count goes down, so does the forums.

Back
Top Bottom