Dubai! Insanity!

I hope some planes hit some of those buildings someday.

Friggin thieves, stealing our money, making us pay inflated prices for gas and then going and doing all of that......

they are not really poor they are some of the wealthiest people on the p;lanet there are teens driving ferraris aroud all the time over there.

I hope some planes hit some of those buildings someday.

Friggin thieves, stealing our money, making us pay inflated prices for gas and then going and doing all of that......

Don't worry about that. The oil will only carry them for so long. Once the profit is finished with they will have nothing (i don't know how long that will take but it's got to be inevitable Im sure). It's just a matter of time so I say go ahead and foolishly waste it on massive super-structures and ridiculously huge theme parks and see how those things help when the cash stops flowing.

Interestingly i was looking at on google earth images of Dubai and I see that the two palm tree islands are nearly completed (one is for sure) and the world islands are close to half way being done.

wheres this place located never even herd of it...
is that stuff already built? im a little confused..... seems like they need an entire reversion of there government

wheres this place located never even herd of it...
is that stuff already built? im a little confused..... seems like they need an entire reversion of there government

it's not all built but a lot of those projects have at least been started. It's all located in the United Arab Emirate just to the north west of Saudi Arabia.

I also located this too. It's some high upper class housing called the Jumeriah Islands just onshore in Dubai.

333839845_ad218e38ce.jpg

and here's some of the housing on one of the palm tree islands

463684757_4d95b47b7f.jpg

we need to get off oil.... no country that size should have that much money to do all those projects at once.... imagine if that money was used towards a military
the sooner were off the better

we need to get off oil.... no country that size should have that much money to do all those projects at once.... imagine if that money was used towards a military
the sooner were off the better

yep. but as long as exxon-mobile is in bed with congress and the car manufacturers are making profits we won't see it happen. Although now that people in the US are buying less vehicles due to high gas prices, manufacturers like toyota and honda are finding alternatives and pumping out hybrids. Honda is making a hydrogen vehicle set for release either this summer or summer 09.
The reason the US also doesn't have the money for these projects is partly due to the amount of bureaucracy in our govt. The govt. eats up our tax dollars, blows them on wars like in Iraq and funnels them into congressional pay raises while continuing to overtax American citizens and then borrowing money from China so we can have some money which we'll continue to waste. Those governments aren't as top heavy as ours, and can afford these things partly due to the fact they aren't policing the world and fighting wars that should have been over 4 years ago. Too bad we can't work on improving ourselves versus fighting a war that shouldn't have been fought in the first place.
Those projects are cool though, I like the palm tree island thing. I bet it's expensive to live there though!

Dubai is undergoing some heavy development. Sea World, Universal, and Six Flags all have agreements to build parks there.

Back
Top Bottom