CPU usage

you say you got more RAM, but I wonder if the old stuff may be bad. Rum memtest on the system overnight and see what it comes up with.

ok ill do that memtest at night. but i was looking around too see if i could find the problem. i dont no if this will help but. i open my game up in a window. and leave my task manager on the side so i can see the CPU usage. what i noticed is that when i click on the game window i get 100% cpu, when i click of it i get 7% cpu. i look in processes and the game says it only takeing 17% CPU, and there something called "system Idle Process useing up 97%. but when i click on the game window the Process Idle drops to 80% and the game stays at 17% but i still get 100% CPU usage.. this sound kinda confusing but do u under stand.?. it seems like System Idle is showing me how much CPU i have left. but im not sure.

ok ill do that memtest at night. but i was looking around too see if i could find the problem. i dont no if this will help but. i open my game up in a window. and leave my task manager on the side so i can see the CPU usage. what i noticed is that when i click on the game window i get 100% cpu, when i click of it i get 7% cpu. i look in processes and the game says it only takeing 17% CPU, and there something called "system Idle Process useing up 97%. but when i click on the game window the Process Idle drops to 80% and the game stays at 17% but i still get 100% CPU usage.. this sound kinda confusing but do u under stand.?. it seems like System Idle is showing me how much CPU i have left. but im not sure.

System Idle process is exactly that: the % that's NOT being used. I don't think the 100% CPU usage is causing your game lag. Maybe its the video card drivers or something else.

Your specs aren't PERFECT for gaming, but I don't think you should get low FPS to complain about.

What sort of fps are you getting, anyway?

Hmm, maybe it's punkbuster. Try updating punkbuster and see if that gets you anywhere.

System Idle process is exactly that: the % that's NOT being used. I don't think the 100% CPU usage is causing your game lag. Maybe its the video card drivers or something else.

Your specs aren't PERFECT for gaming, but I don't think you should get low FPS to complain about.

What sort of fps are you getting, anyway?

Well, what happens is ill play from about 10 - 15 min with out the FPS dropping but once it start it does it more and faster. the 1st 40min i play it drops to about 30-20 FPS ever 5 min then goes back to its normal 120 FPS, after the 30min it start to do it every 3 min and with a FPS of 10-20. after about 1 hour of playing it will go to about 9-15 FPS ever 2 - 3 min and stay like that.. i never tried to play more then 1 hour at a time because the lag pisses me off. The funny thing is, this same thing was happened to me about 2 months ago. what i did was open up my case take the Heat Sink Fan out and clear the dust out of it, i also took out the CPU to see if anything was done to it but nothing was visible from the out side. i put it all back in and it worked till now. i Got a new Heat Sink Fan for about $60 to cool it off . but that didn't help. Now I'm here seeking help.

Oh and my games do not use Punkbuster

Well I'm thinking it can't be a performance issue at all at this point, because your problem is intermittent. There has to be something that is interfering with your gameplay.

Really? I thought CS did use punkbuster. Have you tried disableing anti-virus, not sure if I saw that listed in here or not.

Like i said before.. i just reformatted so i have no anti virus installed. and i dont no what could be interfering with the game since i just installed a fresh copy of windows... unless the copy of windows i have is bad (it is a warez copy), i dont think i have tried a different copy.

Back
Top Bottom