CPU usage

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello,

Iv bine having this problem for the past 3 months. this is really pissing me off. the problem is i get really low FPS when ever i play anygame (Counter strike , Team fortress, etc). Iv try almost everything. i got a new video card, more ram, and got a new Heat sink and fan. I still lag. i reformatted, defraged and notthing. My CPU runs at a good 55C - 60C while i play and its about 29C - 35C of games. the one thing i think might be the problem is that my CPU usage sits at 100% while i play and drops back to like 10% off the game.
Any Ideas.

Help Please

Need some more information here. What operating system are you using, and what are the specs of your system?

Your CPU is running cool, and seems to be performing like it should. Have you run any diagnostic software on your hard drive?

Ok. specs below.

P4 3.4GHZ HT
ATI x1650 PRO PCI-E
1 GB Kingston Ram
Windows XP Pro
80GB Hard drive

If you need to know then in more detail just ask

What would be a good/safe diagnostic software for my hard drive?

Look on your hard drive for the manufacturer (odds are it will be Seagate or Western Digital) then go to their website. I believe all major hard drive manufacturers have free diagnostic utilities you can use.

OK i got the program, It gave me a pass form Smart Status. but at the moment im giving my hard drive a extended test to see if i get anything there. but thats taking a while. anything you think i should do while im waiting?

P4 3.4GHZ HT
ATI x1650 PRO PCI-E

Spec's aren't exactly new however.

What sort of resolutions and settings are you trying to run the games at?

Make sure since it is only a single core to if possible while playing games, switch off your Internet and disable any Antivirus programs that may be doing searches while you play.

i play on 1024 x 768 but even if i run at 800 x 600 ill still get it. i never have anything running while i play. i turn the game on when my CPU usage is at 6%, then it sky rockets to 100%. my buddy has a 2.7ghz CPU on the same game and he stays at a good 60% CPU usage and he has many things on his computer running.

Back
Top Bottom