Illegal xp

darkserpant

In Runtime
I had my computer built from a local computer shop about 4-5 years ago. He installed xp on it. Didn't know that it was a burned copy of the xp windows till lately I have been getting messages pop up while I am sufing and also everytime I turn the pc on a massage that reads "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Click resolve now to get help with this problem" The only way I know how to fix this problem is to buy another xp. Which is around $100. I am not willing to do that cause I am planning on buying a new pc in a year or two. But these messages and pop ups are getting me really pissed. That local computer shop is no more in buisness. Huh, imagine that. I turned off automatic updates which didn't help. Is there any way I canget rid of these messages. Other then the pop ups and anoying mesages the fine. Thanks

It just wants to validate your copy, click on the bubble and let it do its thing. If it fails then its counterfeit, but if it passes you'll be fine.

It is counterfeit. I got ripped off years ago. Now without purchasing xp again I would like to get rid of all those annoying messages.

Don't try lie.

Xp can't do this only if its a Illegal copy and the guy at the shop would not risk his business for people like you, he actually would own a Legit copy of xp that he can put on so many computers.

Don't try come here and get answers of how to crack threw it, yes their is a way but please go else where, Here at CF we do not discuss things such as Illegal computer works and business's

I don't really care if you believe me or not. But this is no lie. I paid a little over a $1000 for a pc that was ahead of that days standards cause I was going to college and I wanted something that would fly. I am not sure why I am explaining myself to you, cause no matter what I say you, apparently ain't going to believe me anyway. If there a way to prove it I would, but I can't. And apparently he didn't care about his buisness cause it is no longer in buisness. I appologize for getting snappy, but I don't appreciate being called a lier, when I am not lying. So if there is anybody else out there that will take my word that I got screwed, I would appreciate your help.

Well when your right click your computer and click properties it will say his computer business name next to xp because the license is his and probs cost him alot of money.

And to be honest your running an ILLEGLE XP SO DONT POST HOW TO GET RID OF THIS, LIKE I SAID WE DON'T DO THINGS LIKE THAT HERE!

Do I make myself clear?

I don't understand why you are giving me a hard time. I just wanted to get rid of the pop ups and counterfeit messages, not the whole xp program. I did what you said and this is what I found out. Under system it says Microsoft Windows XP. Then underneath that, profesional then, version 2002, then sevice pack 2, then it says registered to ,then my name.

It really sounds like you have a trojan or malware lurking on your computer. You won't get those kind of pop-ups when running a hacked version of XP. Try running Ad-Aware 2007 Free and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Edit:
You have proved that it's a legitimate copy. It has SP2 installed. You cannot install Service Pack 2 to an illegal copy of XP.

Thanks for trying to help me out. But I have both of those programs and had no luck running them. The problem I think is that the windows he loaded onto my pc was not the original copy. Thank you very much for trying to help

Back
Top Bottom