I want to start a computer business.

I do stuff from home and generally charge $15 for a basic Windows reinstall. For hardware installs that don't need drivers, it's easy to do so I don't charge anything if they have something to put in a computer I am selling them.

Well, what I'm doing is, I charge them for the part. And then the instalation fee is the money I make from it. For instance: The ram that I recomend is $54.99, thats just the part. So then I charge a instalation fee of $10.00, and add tax. Because if I don't charge an instalation fee, I won't make any money off of the deal.

Well, what I'm doing is, I charge them for the part. And then the instalation fee is the money I make from it. For instance: The ram that I recomend is $54.99, thats just the part. So then I charge a instalation fee of $10.00, and add tax. Because if I don't charge an instalation fee, I won't make any money off of the deal.

are you charging tax on the item or the service, because tax only applies if your paying that tax to the government

Geek Squad charges like somewhere round 200$ to instal an OS. talk about rip off. i called and asked cuz i was so frustrated with my comp and said screw it. but then i heard 200$ and i figured it out

I'll be blunt, I doubt it'll work. Most people are not comfortable with teens working on their computer, let a lone a twelve year old.

Hold off for now, get certified and get more familiar with how to trouble shoot computers. Fixing them is no-where near as easy as taking them apart and putting them back together. I personally don't think you really know what you're in for.

I'll be blunt, I doubt it'll work. Most people are not comfortable with teens working on their computer, let a lone a twelve year old.

Hold off for now, get certified and get more familiar with how to trouble shoot computers. Fixing them is no-where near as easy as taking them apart and putting them back together. I personally don't think you really know what you're in for.

Well, I sorta do. I have an internship. And ixing them is what I do there.

Well, I sorta do. I have an internship. And ixing them is what I do there.

So what kind of stuff have you really fixed?
Seriously, you are 12. Yeah I built my first computer when I was 13 but to be honest I was no where near good enough to start my own business. A lot of people could argue that I'm still not good enough. You need to be able to fix pretty much any problem and you need to be able to do it fast.

So yeah, I'd recommend waiting for a few years.
But just because we say that it's highly unlikely that it will work doesn't mean that you can't try. Sure the chances are very small but if you really want to do it then give it a go.

So what kind of stuff have you really fixed?
Seriously, you are 12. Yeah I built my first computer when I was 13 but to be honest I was no where near good enough to start my own business. A lot of people could argue that I'm still not good enough. You need to be able to fix pretty much any problem and you need to be able to do it fast.

So yeah, I'd recommend waiting for a few years.
But just because we say that it's highly unlikely that it will work doesn't mean that you can't try. Sure the chances are very small but if you really want to do it then give it a go.

I'm going to try it. It can't hurt anything to try.

Ok,Im 15 And i have just started a small computer business while i finish of my courses.Once you set out what you need to do (Register business name,ABN,Possibly Insurance,GST,Tax info,etc,etc) its pretty easy,just make a ist,do each thing on that list,and after you have completed that list you are good to go.

Next would be to figure what you are going to charge,i charge by the hour (I have done research on other local computer businesses,and i made sure im on of the cheapest,You dont want to soud TOO Cheap) plus parts.I Give the Customer the option of me fixing there computer at there house,or they drop it off at my workshop (Really my house,but workshop sounds more 'professional').

Now you would have to figure out advertising,i have a website (www.lukespcsolutions.info) and business cards,also flyers and of course,word of mouth.Once you have all that sorted you just have to wait for your customers.I Only started out about 1 month ago and i have had a few customers.

That's Basically what i did to start my business.

Well, I have flyers, business cards that I made myself with a program I have. And I've made some resonable times. And I made some prices. $10.00 instalation fee. And I haven't figured out what I should charge an hour. But I want to be cheap. Do you have any ideas of what I should charge?

Back
Top Bottom