increase size of objects on laptop screen

mikee

Fully Optimized
Hi, I have a laptop with a 15.4 inch screen and everything is almost too small to read comfortably, I tried changing the resolution but there aren't any resolutions that don't just use the center of the screen. Is there any way to just increase the size of objects and text without changing the resolution?

if you hold down Ctrl and use the mouse scrall button in most internet browsers etc it will increase the text size, and in word processors it will zoom into the page - is that what you wanted?

that is useful but even text in windows and on the taskbar is quite small.
I use firefox 3 beta 4 it has pretty good zoom

My eye sight is pretty bad

what aspect ratio is your monitor? 4:3? 3:2? 16:9?

If you know that, it would be easier to pick the correct resolution :)

Also, out of curiosity, dont you wear glasses?

the laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A200-MR1 I'm not sure about the aspect ratio, right now its set to 1280x800 and the other 2 options are 1024x768 centered in middle of the screen and 800x600 centered in the middle of the screen

I do wear glasses but my vision isn't fully corrected because of optic nerve damage

i belive in Windows you can change the font size of taskbars and stuff in the control panel:

Control Panel > Display > Appearance and then change the font size

I just got off the phone with a guy from staples where I got the laptop after being on hold for half an hour :( he said that some other guy said to increase the dots per inch to make things look bigger now I just have to hunt those settings down and try it out

Start > Accessories > Accessibility > Magnifier

Thats another temporary thing you can use if you want.

thanx, i think I have got it sorted for now with the DPI set at 103 instead of 96

change the resoloution.

from your desktop:
right click> properties> settings> slide the slider a bit to the left> hit apply

Back
Top Bottom