Microsoft Offer

Well it is a student discount. Most students aren't IT people yet.

I'm like almost convinced to get it...lol. Might as well upgrade from Office 2000 as well as to Vista from XP for a cheap price.

if it's a student discount the limitations are normally that you can't use it for business purposes.

I have copies of windows XP and 2003 server office 2003 etc from where I was at uni.

the license i have (which was given free under the MSDNAA0 is that I can use and install the software forever so long as it's for personal private use only, not for business use.

it's common for microsoft to 'give away' or reduce software like this as people then get used to their software and it helps maintain a monopoly.

if it's a student discount the limitations are normally that you can't use it for business purposes.

I have copies of windows XP and 2003 server office 2003 etc from where I was at uni.

the license i have (which was given free under the MSDNAA0 is that I can use and install the software forever so long as it's for personal private use only, not for business use.

it's common for microsoft to 'give away' or reduce software like this as people then get used to their software and it helps maintain a monopoly.

So, I can get all that software, fully functional, for $99?

yes, I belive so.
but you'd do betting to read through the offer fully and see what's entailed in it.

I see what you mean now...

Evaluation Software. One user may install and use copies of the evaluation software listed in the COMPONENTS.TXT file, even if you obtained a server license. You may use the evaluation software only to evaluate it. You may not use it in a live operating, in a staging environment or with data that has not been sufficiently backed up. If the evaluation software comes with its own license agreement, this agreement will control. If that other license agreement gives you additional rights that do not conflict with express limitations in this agreement, you also have those rights.

Back
Top Bottom